• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rate your Christmas Dinner Thread...

jack123 said:
Jack2jack said:
Told her straight did ya😉

No mate, I would never say that, it's just this year the only highlight, were the potatoes.. Last year the veg was outstanding. Something went wrong along the lines I think, turkey was tasteless, and the pork was fatty as hell.
fair enoughski. I'm sure she did her best.
My swede was a real tw@ today, sh!t happens.😉👍

I’d give this years 9/10.

I cooked the turkey this morning, turned it upside down for the first 2 hours so that the juices would run through the breast. Sprouts, red cabbage, peas, parsnips were all spot on as were the potatoes. The stuffing and white sauce was made by my old girl and was excellent, I always get my mother to make these as she’s a dab hand and they are lush. Wife can’t com3 close. We had a disagreement of the roasters, wifey bought premium brand readymade efforts from a supermarket - lousy is the only word I can use to describe them.

Dessert was a chocolate and cream sponge from another supermarket, not great at 4/10, but it didn’t make a huge difference as I was too full to eat it.

Jack2jack said:
jack123 said:
No mate, I would never say that, it's just this year the only highlight, were the potatoes.. Last year the veg was outstanding. Something went wrong along the lines I think, turkey was tasteless, and the pork was fatty as hell.
Of course, 18 quid paid for that turkey, and completely tasteless.

Woke up feeling very unwell. Spent an hour cursing everyone I saw in the pub last night because it’s their fault you see.

Anyway finally came around and the scores on the doors were:

Lamb - 9
Beef - 6
Roasties - 10
Gravy - 8
Cauliflower cheese - 8
Vegetables - No one cares

Regards

Tim

My sister in law cooked dinner today and it was excellent. Happy days.

We are going to go out for Christmas Dinner next year, saves all the palaver...

Swanjaxs said:

We’ve done that three out of the last five years, couldn’t this year for a couple of reasons. There’s a lot to be said for someone bringing your dinner to you and washing it down with a few cold pints of your choice. Not cheap though obviously.

Swanjaxs said:

It is a lot of work, we made the gravy two days before, the ham we cooked the day before and the wife and I were up at 6.am on the morning to cook the turkey and veg.
6 of us for dinner, which was very good, totally knackered by 6pm.😄

Not a big fan of cooked dinners, but i enjoyed the one i had yesterday nevertheless. 8/10

Today is the food highlight for me though, down mams with all the family, cold meats, dips, and all the rubbish bits and bobs that go with it. Superb.

Neath_Jack said:
Today is the food highlight for me though, down mams with all the family, cold meats, dips, and all the rubbish bits and bobs that go with it. Superb.

Same for me.

Jack2jack said:
jack123 said:

Just to add, my comment was not a reflection of the wife's cooking skills, I was just disappointed with the meat and veg. 100% not her fault,.

jack123 said:
Jack2jack said:

Just to add, my comment was not a reflection of the wife's cooking skills, I was just disappointed with the meat and veg. !00% not her fault,.

But did she ace the gravy 🤔

jack123 said:
Jack2jack said:

Just to add, my comment was not a reflection of the wife's cooking skills, I was just disappointed with the meat and veg. !00% not her fault,.
I know matey. I was only jesting. Take it easy.👍

Jack2jack said:
jack123 said:
I know matey. I was only jesting. Take it easy.👍

Of course, it's the quality of the product. You know what, been buying pork from Asda for the last 2 or 3 months, absolutely lovely, yet come Christmas, for me, was fatty as hell.

Have a good one mate..

Swanjaxs said:
jack123 said:

But did she ace the gravy 🤔

8/10 for that Phil. She's a good cook, and I was just making sure my post wasn't deemed to be slagging her off. It's the product that let us down.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back