• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Referees

Mateoftate

North Banker
Reaction score
Today against boro is a great result, however yet again it has been surrounded by controversy. I feel that the disallowed goal and the last minute penalty were the correct decisions. The stoke penalty in the week was the wrong decision, I dont feel we have been particularly lucky, it's just that this week has been unusual for us as a football club.

My concern is with managers like warnock, who does make noise (and that's just about it) may influence future referee performance.

I've always been the person who advocates "well it would have been given if it was outside the box" when it comes to penalties. While I didn't think there was much of anything in the "foul" leading up to the disallowed goal (and in fact I think we got away with one there) then absolutely it was a penalty for the challenge on Bidwell, yes he was never going to get to the ball after that first touch but it was irrelevant.

Many refs would have bottled that decision but to be fair to him the ref made the right call on it.

bakajack said:
I've always been the person who advocates "well it would have been given if it was outside the box" when it comes to penalties. While I didn't think there was much of anything in the "foul" leading up to the disallowed goal (and in fact I think we got away with one there) then absolutely it was a penalty for the challenge on Bidwell, yes he was never going to get to the ball after that first touch but it was irrelevant.

Many refs would have bottled that decision but to be fair to him the ref made the right call on it.
I was puzzled as to why he pointed for a corner ? Unless the assistant said it was a penalty ?

I assume that’s what happened yeah. He gave the corner and then the assistant told him that the defender didn’t get the ball.

There was a clear foul on Fulton, it doesn't matter that the Boro player got the ball his trailing leg took Jay out. The ref had blown before the shot was taken. The ref was a few yards away and had clear sight.

Everyone (media and opposition fans) always focuses on the decision that benefit us. Wednesday's was a generous decision but so was the one to give Bristol City a penalty at Ashton Gate but that gets forgotten.

It's long been said that these things even themselves out, maybe they just do? 🤣

Until the refereeing closed shop and beyond reproach, review, assessment etc. attitude comes to an end, the awful standard and subsequent dodgy decisions will prevail. We've all vented opinions and frustrations (and yes, joy after the rare occasions it goes for us!), but the very fact football professionals get fined when they criticise the status quo says it all, and imho contravenes freedom of speech too!

No wonder this shambolic lot never get invited to officiate at the World Cup (only Clattenburg, who couldn't accept as he was raking it in elsewhere, in China I believe). They can't even get it right with the help of VAR.

They're always wrong if it's against your team. If any of those decisions were reversed there would be uproar on here.

PSumbler said:
Everyone (media and opposition fans) always focuses on the decision that benefit us. Wednesday's was a generous decision but so was the one to give Bristol City a penalty at Ashton Gate but that gets forgotten.

It's long been said that these things even themselves out, maybe they just do? 🤣

It's true. The way people are harping on you'd think everything has gone for us all season and we've had no bad decisions against or no bad luck. It's just this has come all at once. The special cases at bee central also seem to think you can't win (or not lose...to them..) while playing poorly. Watford have served up utter gunge for a lot of the season and relied on dodgy penalties, and have more yellows than us. We are the cynical dirty team too, despite having less reds and about half a yellow per game more than the sainted buzzboys. When they play poorly, they lose. We beat Coventry, Barnsley, Norwich and QPR. They lost the lot.

I can only conclude, they don't like it up 'em.

A month ago Cooper was slagging off some ref as we were getting dicked by crappy decisions every game. Short memories. Im surprised Cooper didnt bring that up yesterday but I guess he took the high road and good on him for that.

Mateoftate said:
Today against boro is a great result, however yet again it has been surrounded by controversy. I feel that the disallowed goal and the last minute penalty were the correct decisions. The stoke penalty in the week was the wrong decision, I dont feel we have been particularly lucky, it's just that this week has been unusual for us as a football club.

My concern is with managers like warnock, who does make noise (and that's just about it) may influence future referee performance.

Agree with this, the pundits can't think why the goal was disallowed? What??? You can't put one foot in front of an opponent's foot an swing your trailing leg recklessly in to the back of his leg, particularly when it's the player that's best placed to try and block the shot. But these people will be listened to, including by refs, when the optician is the only person that should be listening to them attempting and failing to read the small letters on the chart.

The penalty was cast iron and would be given nine times out of ten, yet that was even questioned by the Sky pundits initially. Everyone's going on about biased refs, but what I'm hearing is biased pundits and the noise these idiots are creating from their empty vessels will be listened to and will impact refs' decisions in our matches.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back