• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sensational!!!

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
I never thought we had a chance!!!

So delighted to be proved wrong!!!

It's totally, totally bonkers!!!

Cheeks are hurting through smiling :D

Being a bit of a sadist, I've been reading the Notts Forest forum matchday comments.

My favourite comment from a Forest supporter who was trying to get everyone to calm down "For the hard of thinking, as it stands now, Swansea need a five goal swing in half an hour."

It was tremendous.

At the start of the season if you told me we would make the playoffs after another summer of cashing in on talent, promoting untried kids and bringing in journeymen like Bidwell and John...I would have thought you crazy.
I thought we'd be more likely to be fighting a relegation battle.

At times this young side have excited, more often than not they have frustrated as they seemingly allowed points to slip away after looking the better team, occasionally they have served up a stinker (Brentford at home, Luton at home etc.).
But they have grown as individuals and showed real character to adapt to the new formation (I suggested 3-5-2 on here in the first few months of the season...sorry, couldn't resist!) and grab that final play off spot.
Yes we needed a miracle and owe Stoke big time, but I cannot hand on heart deny that they deserve this shot in the playoffs.
We were the better team for long periods against Leeds and were robbed by Nottingham Forest.
This team of ours is one of the best 6 teams in the division this year, and we deserve this shot.

Regardless of how the play-offs go Steve Cooper deserves great credit for achieving 6th place in the context of the club finances.
Yes his timidness re:substitutions has been frustrating at times (and the Celina situation has baffled me) but he was brave enough to switch the formation and that was the key factor in our late run of form in the end.
He also made crucial loan signings.
I hope he is given another crack next season.

Mulder
Has done a decent job since coming back in for Woodman. For me Woodman is the better shot stopper but Mulder makes me less nervous with the ball at his feet.

Naughton
For me he was never a Premier League quality right-back but I always fancied his defending was pretty solid and hoped he would be an asset in the Championship. He has been a rock and this season, if it is his last, has been his finest. He has proved to be versatile as well as reliable and was crucial to the side adapting to 3-5-2.

Roberts
Has shown character to respond the way he has to being dropped. Such an important player to this team, works and works and works, and keeps positive. Always looking to attack and create from the right. Plays like he loves the club, great to have local boys at the core of the team.

Rodon
A tremendous asset. The same guts and love for the club as Roberts and a solid defender.

Cabango
Has been given a baptism of fire this season and has been a revelation. Another youth product that clearly loves playing for the shirt. Despite his young age he has held that defence together at times and is now showing a pleasing inclination to take responsibility and bring the ball forward when the situation demands it.

Van der Hoorn
Has been our best defender for a few seasons now. I was gutted when he got injured, I wrote off our chances at that point. Great to have him back for the play-offs, hopefully he has got past the rustiness on returning these last few games. Would like nothing more than for him to sign a new contract on promotion!

Guehi
I have never been more worried by a young defender than I was when he first came into the team...and I have never seen a young player adapt, learn and turn it around so quick. Some great performances of late

John
Has played his part and done a decent job when called upon, would prefer this system I reckon.

Bidwell
Another that worried me, re: decisions, prone to a brain fart back there...but there can be no doubt that his willingness to attack down the left, to make that run in behind, and get some left footed crosses and cut backs into that box has been an asset to this team. Again, much more comfortable in this system.

Grimes
After a dodgy start he has come good again. Starting to look a very composed, battle hardened, midfielder. The midfielder we have needed him to be. A lovely weight of pass when he is on it and improving at seeing danger and covering for his team mates in defensive situations. Could let Brewster take a free-kick occasionally.

Fulton

Have been so impressed with his development this year. His physicality in there has made the difference at crucial times again and again. Has grown in confidence as an attacking force as the season has progressed also. Another player who has been crucial in the 3-5-2 system.

Byers
Has lots to learn still but has shown good ability in attacking situations. Good potential.

Dhanda
I liked him at first and then I wrote him off as not having the physicality to play centre-midfield. Has pleasantly surprised me with his playmaking contributions late in games of late. Good potential.

Gallagher
For me he has been crucial since he came in. A great loan signing from Cooper, made the difference that Cooper must have been hoping for. As long as Gallagher is on the pitch he is playing positively and trying to make things happen, picks the right pass 8/10 and believes he can score.

Celina
Am disappointed that he has not been involved more, we all know what he can do. If we could get a good performance or 2 out of him in the next fortnight he could be the difference between winning or drawing one of these tight play-off games. Needs some confidence and to be played AM when he is on the pitch.

Ayew
What a player. For the first hour he is first to everything, stronger, and plays it simple, linking up the play beautifully. If a chance comes his way you know he is going to hit the target. Late on in games, when play breaks up he then transforms to a skillful runner in open play. At the centre of so mych of what is good about our attacking play and is leading this team. Big game player, looking forward to what he comes up with.

Routledge
Has matured like a fine wine. One of the most skillful players on the pitch no matter who we are playing and terrifically creative. Makes things happen. Made himself a legend tonight. Love the way he links up with Gallagher, Ayew and Brewster. We are going to need him to be fit for these games.

Brewster
Has been a revelation. A proper centre-forward, and plays so passionately for this team like he is a local boy himself. Feed him he will score.

Dyer
Still got enough to be a threat at this level. Not sure if he is fit but if we need a goal in extra time of the play-off final I could see Nathan getting it.

Garrick
Electric when he burst into the team, great potential and is another that could make a difference against tired legs in this mini-cup we are about to take a tilt at.

Come on the Swans!

dickythorpe said:
I never thought we had a chance!!!

So delighted to be proved wrong!!!

It's totally, totally bonkers!!!

Cheeks are hurting through smiling :D

Great to see you here, Dicky. And yeah, a crazy night of football.

Still in an absolute state of shock. We are just a crazy, crazy football club. No good for my heart.

Kerouac said:
It was tremendous.

At the start of the season if you told me we would make the playoffs after another summer of cashing in on talent, promoting untried kids and bringing in journeymen like Bidwell and John...I would have thought you crazy.

At times this young side have excited, more often than not they have frustrated as they seemingly allowed points to slip away after looking the better team, occasionally they have served up a stinker (Brentford at home, Luton at home etc.).
But they have grown as individuals and showed real character to adapt to the new formation (I suggested 3-5-2 on here in the first few months of the season...sorry, couldn't resist!) and grab that final play off spot.
Yes we needed a miracle and owe Stoke big time, but I cannot hand on heart deny that they deserve this shot in the playoffs.
We were the better team for long periods against Leeds and were robbed by Nottingham Forest.
This team of ours is one of the best 6 teams in the division this year, and we deserve this shot.

Regardless of how the play-offs go Steve Cooper deserves great credit for achieving 6th place in the context of the club finances.
Yes his timidness re:substitutions has been frustrating at times (and the Celina situation has baffled me) but he was brave enough to switch the formation and that was the key factor in our late run of form in the end.

Mulder
Has done a decent job since coming back in for Woodman. For me Woodman is the better shot stopper but Mulder makes me less nervous with the ball at his feet.

Naughton
For me he was never a Premier League quality right-back but I always fancied his defending was pretty solid and hoped he would be an asset in the Championship. He has been a rock and this season, if it is his last, has been his finest. He has proved to be versatile as well as reliable and was crucial to the side adapting to 3-5-2.

Roberts
Has shown character to respond the way he has to being dropped. Such an important player to this team, works and works and works, and keeps positive. Always looking to attack and create from the right. Plays like he loves the club, great to have local boys at the core of the team.

Rodon
A tremendous asset. The same guts and love for the club as Roberts and a solid defender.

Cabango
Has been given a baptism of fire this season and has been a revelation. Another youth product that clearly loves playing for the shirt. Despite his young age he has held that defence together at times and is now showing a pleasing inclination to take responsibility and bring the ball forward when the situation demands it.

Van der Hoorn
Has been our best defender for a few seasons now. I was gutted when he got injured, I wrote off our chances at that point. Great to have him back for the play-offs, hopefully he has got past the rustiness on returning these last few games. Would like nothing more than for him to sign a new contract on promotion!

Guehi
I have never been more worried by a young defender than I was when he first came into the team...and I have never seen a young player adapt, learn and turn it around so quick. Some great performances of late

John
Has played his part and done a decent job when called upon, would prefer this system I reckon.

Bidwell
Another that worried me, re: decisions, prone to a brain fart back there...but there can be no doubt that his willingness to attack down the left, to make that run in behind, and get some left footed crosses and cut backs into that box has been an asset to this team. Again, much more comfortable in this system.

Grimes
After a dodgy start he has come good again. Starting to look a very composed, battle hardened, midfielder. The midfielder we have needed him to be. A lovely weight of pass when he is on it and improving at seeing danger and covering for his team mates in defensive situations. Could let Brewster take a free-kick occasionally.

Fulton

Have been so impressed with his development this year. His physicality in there has made the difference at crucial times again and again. Has grown in confidence as an attacking force as the season has progressed also. Another player who has been crucial in the 3-5-2 system.

Byers
Has lots to learn still but has shown good ability in attacking situations. Good potential.

Dhanda
I liked him at first and then I wrote him off as not having the physicality to play centre-midfield. Has pleasantly surprised me with his playmaking contributions late in games of late. Good potential.

Gallagher
For me he has been crucial since he came in. A great loan signing from Cooper, made the difference that Cooper must have been hoping for. As long as Gallagher is on the pitch he is playing positively and trying to make things happen, picks the right pass 8/10 and believes he can score.

Celina
Am disappointed that he has not been involved more, we all know what he can do. If we could get a good performance or 2 out of him in the next fortnight he could be the difference between winning or drawing one of these tight play-off games. Needs some confidence and to be played AM when he is on the pitch.

Ayew
What a player. For the first hour he is first to everything, stronger, and plays it simple, linking up the play beautifully. If a chance comes his way you know he is going to hit the target. Late on in games, when play breaks up he then transforms to a skillful runner in open play. At the centre of so mych of what is good about our attacking play and is leading this team. Big game player, looking forward to what he comes up with.

Routledge
Has matured like a fine wine. One of the most skillful players on the pitch no matter who we are playing and terrifically creative. Makes things happen. Made himself a legend tonight. Love the way he links up with Gallagher, Ayew and Brewster. We are going to need him to be fit for these games.

Brewster
Has been a revelation. A proper centre-forward, and plays so passionately for this team like he is a local boy himself. Feed him he will score.

Dyer
Still got enough to be a threat at this level. Not sure if he is fit but if we need a goal in extra time of the play-off final I could see Nathan getting it.

Garrick
Electric when he burst into the team, great potential and is another that could make a difference against tired legs in this mini-cup we are about to take a tilt at.

Come on the Swans!

Ker...you should write footie for the Evening Post mate.

A season really well summarised there.

I am walking around today in a bit of a dream-like state with a constant smile on my chops!

Come on you beautiful Swans!

Kerouac said:
It was tremendous.

Mulder

Naughton

Roberts

Rodon

Cabango

Van der Hoorn

Guehi

John

Bidwell

Grimes

Fulton

Byers

Dhanda

Gallagher

Celina

Ayew

Routledge

Brewster

Dyer

Garrick

Come on the Swans!

Great write up ... prior to the lockdown, the assessment would no doubt have been very different !

Also, a nod to Cullen for his part and especially that goal last night :D

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back