• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Solar Lights For The Garden

jack123

Michu
Reaction score
Any good ones about? I do like them, sick of spunking money between Home Bargains and B&M, which don't exactly last a long time.

You could land a plane out my back garden at the moment. Wife goes nuts for them every spring. No idea where she buys them from mind.

Christ!

There is a Venn diagram where Jack123/Cudey/my wife, all intersect! :shock:

For clarity (and probity),she buys them by the boatload from B&M/Homebargains every spring.

Bought some of these a few weeks ago, so far so good. Bit more substantial than the smaller type, give out a good amount of light too, they are from B and M mind.
https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/cambridge-solar-powered-tube-post-lights-6pk-392998

We get the majority of ours from SPV lights. The last lot I bought were £8 for a string of 100 and they are all going strong multiple years later; I’ve stopped bringing them in during the winter and I have unboxed new sets ready, but so far unused.

I am also inside the intersection of the Venn diagram.

Too much trouble. I got fed up turning them all off when the sun set.

Jack2jack said:
Bought some of these a few weeks ago, so far so good. Bit more substantial than the smaller type, give out a good amount of light too, they are from B and M mind.
https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/cambridge-solar-powered-tube-post-lights-6pk-392998

Those look good. Is there a spike that keeps them upright during a breeze?

Just got back from B&M, quite an extensive range there, spent 40 quid on them, and I'm keeping the receipt this time, not getting caught out again, last time I bought some, worked for 2 nights, then went off, but I'd binned the receipt. :evil:

Cooperman said:
Those look good. Is there a spike that keeps them upright during a breeze?
Yes mate, they come with a spike.
They are plastic construction, quite solid to be fair, so should last, the one drawback is there is no on off switch, not a big deal, why switch them off when it's dark anyway.🙂

Jack2jack said:
Yes mate, they come with a spike.
They are plastic construction, quite solid to be fair, so should last, the one drawback is there is no on off switch, not a big deal, why switch them off when it's dark anyway.🙂

I think I shall invest in a box, they look very smart.

I've just moved and have never heard of B&M. I need a lot of stuff so is it like Homebase / B&Q?

Glyn1 said:
I've just moved and have never heard of B&M. I need a lot of stuff so is it like Homebase / B&Q?

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/

Do loads of stuff there, small section of paints and diy stuff, but if I were you do a price compare first, they are not as cheap as they used to be.

Cooperman said:
I think I shall invest in a box, they look very smart.
For 20 notes they were worth a punt.
I'll try and get a photo later.

Jack2jack said:
For 20 notes they were worth a punt.
I'll try and get a photo later.

Can't wait for my new ones to come on, from what the missis said they are disco lights, I'm going out the garden dancing if they do.

jack123 said:
Can't wait for my new ones to come on, from what the missis said they are disco lights, I'm going out the garden dancing if they do.
Dont stay out too long, it's a bit chilly in the evenings still, wouldn't want you to get a saturday night fever.🕺

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back