• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sounds music paper

Best_loser said:
Darran said:
Always sounds for me.

Quite often I would buy nme and sounds sounds catered for more mainstream bands which you like , I was more into punk and new wave at the time, best part of NME was Paul Morley writing for it, an absolute genius of a music journalist , Charles shar Murray also

That's a coincidence BL, I quoted Paul Morley in the Adele thread only a few days ago! Strange that he should get mentioned at all on a Swansea football forum let alone twice in a few days :eek: :D

Sounds for me, I bought it most weeks between 79 & 86 - great stuff if you were into heavy rock/metal.

Robbie said:
New Musical Express for me , Melody Maker seemed to target the musicians more than music fans .

Remember the very floppy discs they gave away as promotions regularly , they did play well too .

I used to read all 3 off and on but probably Melody Maker more because, as you said, it targeted the musicians more than music fans and as I played in various bands from 1968 until 1989, it appealed to me more for that reason. However, in the mid-70s, I started to read the glossy mag International Musician & Recording World as they always had reviews and articles about the equipment as well as people which was of great importance to me at that time, then moved onto the more equipment focused UK published glossy Electronics & Music Maker which started in the early 80s and rebranded as Music Technology in 1986 when I actually applied for a job with them! :D

That dopey twat didn't just spell fiftieth wrong, he spelt Darren wrong too :lol:

Former NME journalist David Quantick was recently interviewed by Stephen Mangan on R4 . Amongst other things he said that he used to make live reviews up and give his mates the press pass for access to gigs instead. Apparently he used to have panic attacks such as thinking Elton John had been shot at a gig he was supposed to be at - and he hadn't put it in his review. :lol: :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back