• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stephen Kingsley

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember him?

Source: Not the Old Firm

Stephen Kingsley has signed a new deal at Hearts as the former Hull and Swansea City man extends his Gorgie stay to 2022.

Robbie Neilson brought the left-back to Tynecastle in the summer as he made his return to Scottish football following a fruitful stint down south with clubs like Hull City and Swansea City.

He has impressed since arriving at the Championship club, scoring a double on his debut against Dundee and notching in the Scottish Cup final in December. Overall, he has made 14 appearances with four goals.

Having previously signed a one-year deal, Kinglsey has now extended his stay to the end of next season, manager Robbie Neilson expressing his delight at him doing so: “I’m delighted that we’ve got this one over the line.

“Stephen is a top quality player and has made a real impact since joining the squad. I know he’s popular with the fans and it’s great that they will get to see him pull on the maroon jersey for another 18 months and, of course, it’s a real boost for us to retain the services of a top, top player.”

GettyImages-1229799372.jpg

At the time of his sale my gut feel was that we had let him go too early, however he hasn't kicked on that much since then. He sounds like a tidy chap, nearly everyone he plays for speaks extremely highly of him and Hearts in particular seem to be particularly impressed.

Hope he would have kicked on after we thrashed West Ham away in the Prem think he got two assists,Taylor as soon as he's was in the final 3rd was useless,Shame it never worked out, More than happy with Roberto Bidwell.

Was quite surprised when we let him go. Was no world beater but was a tidy option and quite young too.

But it did allow the door to open for us to sign Sam Clucas mind...

And still people say that the eye of those in control was not off the ball because of wanting their share of the coin

JoshTheJack said:
Hope he would have kicked on after we thrashed West Ham away in the Prem think he got two assists,Taylor as soon as he's was in the final 3rd was useless,Shame it never worked out, More than happy with Roberto Bidwell.
He was excellent when we won at Upton Park & looked a real prospect.
Unfortunately I think the managerial changes the following season & in particular Bob Bradley's random team selections sucked all the confidence out of him.

PSumbler said:

And still people say that the eye of those in control was not off the ball because of wanting their share of the coin
Not long after we signed SC, I was chatting to a Hull fan and business colleague in darkest Kent as it goes. I asked him where was Clueless' best position. "The bench" came the swift reply! How right he was eh.

Personally thought it was a massive shame when Kingsley left. Very tidy player and certainly decent backup at the time.

Jinxy said:
PSumbler said:

Not long after we signed SC, I was chatting to a Hull fan and business colleague in darkest Kent as it goes. I asked him where was Clueless' best position. "The bench" came the swift reply! How right he was eh.

Has he always been an optimist when it comes to players? :lol:

PSumbler said:
Jinxy said:

Good point Phil. It's always nice to chew the fat with real fans mind (like us, they all have angst!), especially when surrounded by North London plastics, who only ever watch "their" teams on the telly.

Jinxy said:
PSumbler said:
Good point Phil. It's always nice to chew the fat with real fans mind (like us, they all have angst!), especially when surrounded by North London plastics, who only ever watch "their" teams on the telly.

Absolutely - some of the highs and lows we have experienced in the last 20 years will never be experienced by them (or certainly not to the same level) I remember the pride I felt after winning at places like Old Trafford, Anfield, Emirates and Stamford Bridge and then I remember my Chelsea "supporting" mate who lives in Swansea who left before their late equaliser at the Liberty in our first season in the Prem as it was cold...

He will never live that one down despite continually spouting his love for Chelsea since. Always seems louder when they win mind.

By strange coincidence my Facebook profile seems to have more Man Utd fans on it in the last few weeks

Just for a bit of balance here, Kingsley is doing well at Hearts this season, and his new contract reflects it. However, he’s playing in the Scottish Championship this year... it’s not great, apart from a couple of teams, it’s near enough an amateur league.

He’s doing well, I’ve always had a soft spot for Hearts so I’ve watched a few of their matches this season. Let’s see how he gets on next year if Hearts get back to the Premier up there.

Did any one watch the documenatry on Hearts just before christmas,Worth a watch should be on iplayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000pdj4.

It's not sorry! info is there if anyone has other means of getting it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back