• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Stupid question about the honours list

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Do you immediately become a Sir the minute it’s announced or do you have to wait until the Queen swords ew?

Darran said:
Do you immediately become a Sir the minute it’s announced or do you have to wait until the Queen swords ew?

You're right.

Darran said:
Cooperman said:
Stupid question :lol:

Prick. 😡

What’s the answer? :lol:

Dunno, it could be the third option of midnight on NYE. Have a read of this and make your own conclusions.

https://www.royal.uk/investitures-behind-scenes

Well Chris Whitty has the 'Sir' title on BBC news - and he hasn't been 'sworded' yet I don't think?

MrSwerve said:
Well Chris Whitty has the 'Sir' title on BBC news - and he hasn't been 'sworded' yet I don't think?

That’s one of the reasons I asked and it was Sir Tony Blair on the radio earlier.

Darran said:
MrSwerve said:

That’s one of the reasons I asked and it was Sir Tony Blair on the radio earlier.

This backs up my theory that it could be effective from 1st January. Prior to NYE it’s often said that ‘Joe Bloggs is to be knighted’ and come 5th Jan Blair is already referred to as, but without having the ceremony.

My wife has nominated the same person a few times over the years,had all the nomination forms,filled them in,sent them to the Honours and Appointments Secretary at the cabinet office with letters of support and never heard anything.
Wańkers.

Darran said:
My wife has nominated the same person a few times over the years,had all the nomination forms,filled them in,sent them to the Honours and Appointments Secretary at the cabinet office with letters of support and never heard anything.
Wańkers.

Is she allowed to nominate you though?

On a more serious note, I have had same experience in nominating someone and posting info only to be told they aren’t opening mail because all working from home.

Pentyrchjack said:
Darran said:
Wańkers.

On a more serious note, I have had same experience in nominating someone and posting info only to be told they aren’t opening mail because all working from home.

I’d like to be a Baron so everyone will have to call me Baron Darran.

Darran said:
Pentyrchjack said:

I’d like to be a Baron so everyone will have to call me Baron Darran.

Baron Darran aka Sharon

You’re not officially a ‘Sir’ till you’ve been tapped on the shoulder.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back