• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SWANS TRUST NEWS: Forthcoming Trust Board Elections

Swans Trust News

First Team Player
Reaction score
The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust holds Annual Elections for Swans Trust Members to have the chance to be elected to the Trust Board. Full Board Members usually serve for a one or two year term and are eligible to stand for re-election. This year there will be SEVEN vacancies...

Read more

Well, if anyone actually wanted to change the Trust, now is the perfect opportunity. You and six mates would have complete control as there are only 10-11 elected positions.

Get it disbanded. Hasn’t been worth a wank since 2011. All about the kudos of being able to say “I’m on / was on the Trust”.

Uxy said:
Well, if anyone actually wanted to change the Trust, now is the perfect opportunity. You and six mates would have complete control as there are only 10-11 elected positions.

Change it for what? You know as well as I do it's nothing more now than the yanks mouth piece since they signed away the court case. As neath said, just disband it.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Uxy said:

Change it for what? You know as well as I do it's nothing more now than the yanks mouth piece since they signed away the court case. As neath said, just disband it.

The Trust can be as awkward as it wants. Nothing in that settlement to force otherwise, in the public sphere at least, unless they've done something really silly in the SHA. They "merely" signed away shareholding rights and their ability to be awkward in that regard.

Are they a mouthpiece? That would require communication.

Uxy said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:

The Trust can be as awkward as it wants. Nothing in that settlement to force otherwise, in the public sphere at least, unless they've done something really silly in the SHA. They "merely" signed away shareholding rights and their ability to be awkward in that regard.

Its a poisoned chalice now surely, they've sold the Supporters down the River, they should all go, probably the ones staying are there for the kudos of sitting in the soft seats, they won't give that up.

Ux is right though. While it exists, if people really think that there are benefits to being on the trust that would appeal to them then they should stand and try and get on what they see as the 'gravy train'.

NJ is also right in my view, because it relied on the actions and support of the Board as a whole to be worthwhile. I would say it's certainly had no purpose since 2016, but in effect 2011 as that's when the 'contract' was broken; it's just that we, and the Trust didn't realise it.

Ux is also right though, that it could be a powerful lobby group, if it had any courage. That's the main reason I'd like to see better quality and more courageous people on there, rather than a load of Ruperts. Not enough to provoke me to try and get on it though.

Niigata Jack said:
Uxy said:

Its a poisoned chalice now surely, they've sold the Supporters down the River, they should all go, probably the ones staying are there for the kudos of sitting in the soft seats, they won't give that up.

Double edged sword I reckon. Any new types will see some goodwill, but they'll be working from ground zero for many. Tough gig. It makes the rebuilding that needed to be done in 2017/8 look small fry, and that wasn't much fun.

monmouth said:
Ux is right though. While it exists, if people really think that there are benefits to being on the trust that would appeal to them then they should stand and try and get on what they see as the 'gravy train'.

NJ is also right in my view, because it relied on the actions and support of the Board as a whole to be worthwhile. I would say it's certainly had no purpose since 2016, but in effect 2011 as that's when the 'contract' was broken; it's just that we, and the Trust didn't realise it.

Ux is also right though, that it could be a powerful lobby group, if it had any courage. That's the main reason I'd like to see better quality and more courageous people on there, rather than a load of Ruperts. Not enough to provoke me to try and get on it though.

Sadly I expect that last sentence goes for so many and there are myriad reasons for that.

I hope 7 stand though. I don't think the complete absence of a fan group does anyone, apart from the ownership, any favours. Not even then in the long term, if they had any vision.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back