• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea City 0-0 Hull City – Swans draw a blank on return to action

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
The Swans returned to league action this afternoon but ultimately, for all the possession and passing, were unable to break down an organised Hull defence who stood firm and with some ease earned the point that they were set up to win. Russell Martin will need his side to be more savvy when faced with...

Read more

SgorioFruit said:
Watching paint dry

What game did you watch?
A huge upgrade on anything Cooper served up.
So many new faces only at the club for a few days with a manger trying to overcome 2 years of non-football against a team devoid of any interest i. Winning the game.
Fast crisp passing, players taking on and beating opponents, unlucky not to score and three strong shouts for penalties.

Badlands said:
SgorioFruit said:
Watching paint dry

What game did you watch?
So many new faces only at the club for a few days with a manger trying to overcome 2 years of non-football against a team devoid of any interest i. Winning the game.
Fast crisp passing, players taking on and beating opponents, unlucky not to score and three strong shouts for penalties.

Yep, Cooperball was stimulating due to the threat of our opponents when we were defending for our lives and "ready" to counter...Today on the front foot (no matter how poor) we were comfortable but not incisive...Well perhaps we were if the ref was not such a dick.

Badlands said:
SgorioFruit said:
Watching paint dry

What game did you watch?

I watched a game where we made about 3000 passes with no end product. Relying on a pen shout and grimes free kick.
Ok early days yet with this ‘system’ and new players. But time will tell.
But yes, yesterday was like watching paint dry. Could still be playing now and it will still be 0-0.

SgorioFruit said:
Badlands said:
What game did you watch?

I watched a game where we made about 3000 passes with no end product. Relying on a pen shout and grimes free kick.
But yes, yesterday was like watching paint dry. Could still be playing now and it will still be 0-0.

This ‘system’ which was deployed by the likes of Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup will reap rewards. What we’ve been served up by Cooper the last few years has been absolutely atrocious, and if anyone claims they enjoyed watching that football I just simply wouldn’t believe them. Yes there’s A lot of room for improvement and we need to learn to use the ball better in the final third but it takes time.

9 new players, new management team, brand new system of playing and all this after a summer of turmoil - wind your neck in and manage your expectations

Ross said:
SgorioFruit said:

This ‘system’ which was deployed by the likes of Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup will reap rewards. What we’ve been served up by Cooper the last few years has been absolutely atrocious, and if anyone claims they enjoyed watching that football I just simply wouldn’t believe them. Yes there’s A lot of room for improvement and we need to learn to use the ball better in the final third but it takes time.

9 new players, new management team, brand new system of playing and all this after a summer of turmoil - wind your neck in and manage your expectations

As I said, time will tell.
Now that is managing my expectations.

I enjoyed it yesterday - a bit like the early games under Potter where I walked away happier with a draw or defeat that a scrappy win in the last season or 2 in the PL. The passing style isn't 2nd nature just yet, but it soon will be. We absolutely need to move the ball quicker in the final third, not telegraph passes, get more movement up front, even pass the ball to our forwards with back to goal - make their defence panic a bit and lose shape. If we can see that, RM and his team will be all over it like a rash. He'll be raising the fitness levels too (to aid the pass/move game - and frantic press to get the ball back, which we were doing to some extent yesterday too), and that defo takes time. For me, very encouraging indeed - well done Mr Martin et al.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back