• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea City ladies

Jackfath

First Team Player
Reaction score
About time their matches were played at the Liberty too. They need promoting more than they currently are.

I son’t think they are actually part of the club are they? They certainly weren’t.

I remember watching their first game though at the Vetch. I think their issue is they are the best in Wales and could do with competing with the English clubs to improve with an aspiration to eventually playing in the women’s super league.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I son’t think they are actually part of the club are they? They certainly weren’t.

I remember watching their first game though at the Vetch. I think their issue is they are the best in Wales and could do with competing with the English clubs to improve with an aspiration to eventually playing in the women’s super league.

I think I've read that SCFC are trying to sort things out for them to come in under the SCFC umbrella, time will tell.

Niigata Jack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I think I've read that SCFC are trying to sort things out for them to come in under the SCFC umbrella, time will tell.

Dineen behind it isn’t he?

Good luck to them, always seem to do well from what I’ve seen results wise.

Risc said:
Niigata Jack said:

Dineen behind it isn’t he?

Good luck to them, always seem to do well from what I’ve seen results wise.

I think he is yes.

Thanks for this information, all.

I find it embarrassing given that we were a premier league side with the resources we had that an official ladies team wasn't developed within the club. Hopefully there's someone banging this drum as it clearly needs to happen. If that's Mr Dineen, then so be it.

Get it sorted before we're left behind.

The problem for them is likely to be there is no real path to join the English competition, at least now there is a Welsh league structure which the FAW in fairness have been putting far more focus upon in recent years.

It'd be great to see them come under the club umbrella. I know that's been looked at for some time and there is already some crossover in terms of media, support etc.

Maybe it's a good opportunity for the FAW to form a league that can be relatively on par with those in England etc. The women's game hasn't yet got to an unreachable level in England yet as far as I know.

If the FAW backed the Welsh league now before it's too late then maybe they could have clubs here that could actually compete. It's obviously way to late and unachievable for that to happen to the men's game in any way.

Breaking the league down into regions to create bigger clubs with local sides under it.. Rugby fans will tell me that is a terrible idea though based on the Welsh regions in that sport.

Londonlisa2001 said:

They are, they use the logo and have a dedicated section on the website.

The reality is it that the players are not professionals, which makes playing in the English system completely unviable when many have to hold jobs.

I think there's also a desire and sense of responsibility to stay in Wales and be at the forefront of growing the game.

Perhaps someone will set up a planet swans ladies site or add them to an existing one as they are a Swansea team after all.

It would be lovely to have a truly inclusive feel around the place with u23’s, women’s, veterans, para’s, futsal - whatever, all being promoted under the one club banner. Obviously the focus is on the men’s senior teams but no reason not to grow the club in other ways. Only a few dinosaurs and gammon wouldn’t be able to handle it so ta ta to them.

Itchysphincter said:
It would be lovely to have a truly inclusive feel around the place with u23’s, women’s, veterans, para’s, futsal - whatever, all being promoted under the one club banner. Obviously the focus is on the men’s senior teams but no reason not to grow the club in other ways. Only a few dinosaurs and gammon wouldn’t be able to handle it so ta ta to them.

All the more reason to do it.

The Liberty will be a limiting factor. The pitch can't handle many more games than it's already committed to.

I'd love to see our club model itself on the continental model where it's about far more than just the first (men's) team. We're way behind the likes of Germany and even Spain in that regard.

Why don't we put the ladies game on before the men's, include it in the price, use the exposure of the Lionesses to improve attendance. Encourage the kids to turn up early with parents, do cheap food and drinks when the ladies are on. Combine it all with a return of the fan park for music between the games and get people in all day.

We can all start on our newly embraced inclusive journey by referring to them as women not ladies.

JustJack said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

They are, they use the logo and have a dedicated section on the website.

The reality is it that the players are not professionals, which makes playing in the English system completely unviable when many have to hold jobs.

I think there's also a desire and sense of responsibility to stay in Wales and be at the forefront of growing the game.

Unless it’s changed this season they link to them but the women’s section don’t get money from the club. They may get given the kit for free - don’t know. They get money from the Foundation I think?

Unless they become a part of the club turning pro will be difficult. It would be nice to see the Welsh clubs have their women’s teams as part of the club and playing in the full league but I suspect it won’t happen.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back