• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea City: What next for Jamie Paterson?

Once again he's dragging his feet hoping he might get a better offer elsewhere. Tell him to do one. He only turns up half a dozen times a season anyway, not as if we'll miss his "contributions".

Once again he's dragging his feet hoping he might get a better offer elsewhere. Tell him to do one. He only turns up half a dozen times a season anyway, not as if we'll miss his "contributions".
Well said 👏🏼

Perhaps his head's gone again, and he's unable to make a decision.

I don't think anyone would be devastated if he leaves. However, he is, for all his inconsistencies, the 'best' player we have at that position playing behind the striker. So the question is - do we trust Paul Watson to find someone better? I guess we have to.

I don't think anyone would be devastated if he leaves. However, he is, for all his inconsistencies, the 'best' player we have at that position playing behind the striker. So the question is - do we trust Paul Watson to find someone better? I guess we have to.
He’s one of those that thrives in a good team playing good football. He needs options and movement, same as Grimes.
Hopefully they’ll have that this season.

He’s one of those that thrives in a good team playing good football. He needs options and movement, same as Grimes.
Hopefully they’ll have that this season.

That's just making excuses for underperformance. And there's very little evidence to support the theory that if we suddenly become "good", then he'll suddenly become "good" too. Even if that did turn out to be the case, all that'll prove is how much of a fairweather player he is.

We need more players who will graft for 46 games from August to May, and far fewer hot n' cold players. Sadly our squad is riddled with the latter. Paterson is firmly in that category.

That's just making excuses for underperformance. And there's very little evidence to support the theory that if we suddenly become "good", then he'll suddenly become "good" too. Even if that did turn out to be the case, all that'll prove is how much of a fairweather player he is.

We need more players who will graft for 46 games from August to May, and far fewer hot n' cold players. Sadly our squad is riddled with the latter. Paterson is firmly in that category.
A poor man's Colin Randell, fuk him 👆

I’m not making excuses for him, just an observation. When we were on a run in Martin’s first season, he was a major factor. You’re right though, we need better.
Our goal contributions from our attacking midfielders was pitiful this season. Yates/Cullen getting 9/10 touches per game… isolated.

I've got the same thoughts as most others, his good games aren't enough.

Another comment of his

"There would no reason for me to go elsewhere but at the same time, it’s not up to me.”

Do all footballers leave their life to others?

If he wants to stay it is up to him, he can accept whatever the offer is. If not he finds a better one.

"There would no reason for me to go elsewhere but at the same time, it’s not up to me.”

That means pay me what I want and I'll stay, if not I'm off to the highest bidder. It's modern football unfortunately.

Swansea City v Cardiff City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back