• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea market

BanosSwan

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Being the great husband I am, I'm taking my wife to premier Inn Swansea Central tomorrow. My plan is to get there, get pissed, shower, go for food in gigi gaus, go to wind st for an hour and pass out before we touch each other.

Seriously though, Saturday morning I'd like to go to the market and get some great seafood.

Best place to get king prawns/Crevettes and best place to get proper cockles.

Thanks!

Haven't been there in too long, but you must also get some of the Swansea Market thick bacon. Best I've ever had anywhere.
I've found all the retailers as good as each other as they have to maintain a certain standard to compete.

BanosSwan said:

I’d take a guess at one of the king prawns/Crevettes and proper cockle stalls.

Fuck my eyes I don’t how some people get through the day.

Not sure if it's true, but i was once told to only buy cockles from the centre stalls rather than the fishmongers, as they more often or not sell you frozen and defrosted cockles as they don't sell as well as they do on the stalls.

Darran said:
BanosSwan said:

That's a bit harsh mush! :lol:

But yeah, what is a 'proper' cockle! :?

Garyjack said:
Darran said:

Not a jar one you clunge!

BanosSwan said:
Garyjack said:

You think there'd be a demand for jarred cockles in Swansea Market? And you're calling me a clunge! :lol: :lol:

Regards the market, is there now a Portuguese stall in there ?
We had Portuguese tarts from a guy's shop that was just outside WH Smith's in the quadrant who was trying to move in to the market. Lovely guy, cracking food.

Garyjack said:
BanosSwan said:

You think there'd be a demand for jarred cockles in Swansea Market? And you're calling me a clunge! :lol: :lol:

©_Phil_Rees_140518-Swansea_Market_082.jpg

It's on their website you bell!

BanosSwan said:
Garyjack said:

©_Phil_Rees_140518-Swansea_Market_082.jpg

It's on their website you bell!

Cool. though i'd say if you can't tell the difference between the two then i really don't think you should get out of bed in the morning! :lol:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/CRKAM7/cockles-and-laverbread-for-sale-in-swansea-market-uk-CRKAM7.jpg

Though i did try to give you some advice above in fairness! :roll:

Unfortunately local produce has been decimated by the recent train related spillage in the estuary.

Laverbread has been sourced from oop north (Dee) for a couple of years; cockles now the same due to above.

Cant beat a Swansea breakfast at Café Janet, laverbread, cockles, the works (even tinned plum tomato)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back