• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea Pier

westside

First Team Player
Reaction score
Looks like they've started ripping it down.

https://www.swanseawestpier.co.uk/

Obviously the channel side of it needs to be left largely unencumbered, but they could do a bit more with the beach side rather than just having a blank concrete wall.

Generations of people used to fish from the east and west piers and mumbles pier, they would be packed with hundreds of anglers

Now none of the three are available

Another part of Swansea life that looks like it's gone forever

Best_loser said:
Generations of people used to fish from the east and west piers and mumbles pier, they would be packed with hundreds of anglers

Used to fish off the East a lot, then someone went over there in a storm and got himself drowned and ABP banned it. Didn't know they'd stopped fishing off Mumbles. Last I saw there was a fishing platform on the island side.

Dr. Winston said:
Best_loser said:

Used to fish off the East a lot, then someone went over there in a storm and got himself drowned and ABP banned it. Didn't know they'd stopped fishing off Mumbles. Last I saw there was a fishing platform on the island side.

Your right , there are two thin platforms where a total of 16 people are packed in like sardines
It's scant consolation though for what was lost

2019 has been set as the target date for commencement of these engineering works.

Typical Swansea then

Best_loser said:

I remember fishing off the west in the 80s, bloody damn shame.

Fireboy said:
Best_loser said:

I remember fishing off the west in the 80s, bloody damn shame.

Hopefully when the West pier is repaired fishing will be allowed again but you never know with ABP , wish they would open up the east and breakwater, people would gladly pay for permits

The two biggest docks are yet to be developed , both will be surrounded by flats eventually I would imagine

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back