• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Australian Dream

I really cannot abide that Wanted Down Under programme. It celebrates the idea that living in the UK is so shit, that moving to a cultureless oven is logical. Each episode is the same with Gary, an IT guy or whatever, and Tracy, a nurse or whatever, and their 2 smily/surly kids traipsing around 2 or 3 Aussie houses, marvelling at all the space and mod cons with googly eyes. They then high five at the inflated worth of their professions, only to be brought crashing back to Earth when they do the numbers, and discover a loaf of bread, or a bag of apples is like a gazillion dollars. The programme should be named "F##k off Down Under". I loved the recent 3parter on BBC2 however about Miriam Margoyles finding out about her adopted country. Both very poignant and funny in equal measures.

Aus, is no longer the dream location it once was. I haven't been there, but I know it's gone very expensive.

controversial_jack said:
Aus, is no longer the dream location it once was. I haven't been there, but I know it's gone very expensive.

It is expensive but the wages they get paid reflect the cost of living.

I have family there and they wouldn't want to come back.

I guess everyone has their own level of what expensive looks like. Anywhere can be expensive if you don't earn enough.

BrynCartwright said:
I really cannot abide that Wanted Down Under programme. It celebrates the idea that living in the UK is so shit, that moving to a cultureless oven is logical. Each episode is the same with Gary, an IT guy or whatever, and Tracy, a nurse or whatever, and their 2 smily/surly kids traipsing around 2 or 3 Aussie houses, marvelling at all the space and mod cons with googly eyes. They then high five at the inflated worth of their professions, only to be brought crashing back to Earth when they do the numbers, and discover a loaf of bread, or a bag of apples is like a gazillion dollars. The programme should be named "F##k off Down Under". I loved the recent 3parter on BBC2 however about Miriam Margoyles finding out about her adopted country. Both very poignant and funny in equal measures.

Mate of mine sums it up nicely and i quote "they have wee beasties there that ambush you when you're having a shite"
Might be tempted for a Lions tour, but if the are letting people like Miriam Margoyles im not bothered.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back