• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Betty Campbell statue in Cardiff

Last night on the news, it said the people of Wales voted to have a statue of her erected 😬 Well, that monstrosity does not make me erect...it's hideous.

dickythorpe said:
Where in Cardiff is it?

Outside the Cardiff Central station in central square.

I think looks good and celebrates a woman who did a lot for children in Cardiff particularly those from deprived backgrounds, shows that most people celebrate our diversity in Wales.

I listened to a documentary on radio Wales at 6.30pm this evening whilst driving home. She was a remarkable person who inspired many, many kids who were from a very poor background and a background that was judged.
It was great to hear some of those "kids" today who are now all in their 40's, 50's explain how she encouraged them and inspired them.
It was very interesting to me to hear she opposed the Cardiff Bay development. It wasn't fully explained but I think it alluded to a community being pushed away.
Anyway well worth listening to for those who are interested.

Darran said:
Hell of a statue. 👀

In the documentary it explains that the tree trunk symbolises she nourished the children under her to grow.

I can't remember it all but it was far better explained that I can on here.

Pacemaker said:
dickythorpe said:
Where in Cardiff is it?

Outside the Cardiff Central station in central square.

I think looks good and celebrates a woman who did a lot for children in Cardiff particularly those from deprived backgrounds, shows that most people celebrate our diversity in Wales.

Just outside of Central Square, the other side of BBC from the station. 👍🏻

A nice statue.

Surely it's not too hard to grasp the symbolism of the tree trunk, even for people on here.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back