• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Film A Bridge to Far

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Just caught the last half hour or so great film seen it a good few times, watching these old war films and the brutality of war is incredible and yet we still have Wars, lesson's definitely not learnt.

Major-General Roy Urguhart played by Sean Connery said near the end that he took Ten Thousand men into Arnhem and came out with less than Two Thousand :oops:

My favourite war film is "We Were Soldiers"... mainly as it made me read the book it was based on. Hal Moore was a genuine US hero...

When I was younger, I used to love watching the film,

"To Hell and Back" - the life story of Audie Murphy.​

Murphy received every U.S. military combat award for valour available from the U.S. Army for his World War 2 service.

I was chuffed when my wife took me to Arlington National Cemetery where he is buried.

Murphy received every U.S. military combat award for valour available from the U.S. Army for his World War 2 service.

I was chuffed when my wife took me to Arlington National Cemetery where he is buried.
Sounds a lot like Hal Moore:

"Lt. Gen. Harold G. Moore, whose fortitude saved most of his outnumbered battalion in 1965 in the first major battle between American and North Vietnamese troops"

We need more like him... world is going to shit with all this woke bollocks

I’m reading a book in which he features at the moment. It’s about the allied invasion of Italy.

Just caught the last half hour or so great film seen it a good few times, watching these old war films and the brutality of war is incredible and yet we still have Wars, lesson's definitely not learnt.

Major-General Roy Urguhart played by Sean Connery said near the end that he took Ten Thousand men into Arnhem and came out with less than Two Thousand :oops:
My grandfather was involved (sarge in the Sherwood Foresters) in 'Market Garden' the operation to take the bridges with Arnhem being the bridge 'too' far. The supply line was very stretched and substantial pockets of the Wehrmacht remained between the receiving infantry and mechanised forces to the paras. He got shot in the buttocks by a sniper. Ended up transferred to South Wales for rehab where he met my grandmother. He stayed in the army until '47 (11 years) and finished as an MP in Palestine-something which gave him bitter hatred of both sides until he died in '97. He lost a leg in the building of the 'then' Port Talbot bypass in the '60s.

My grandfather was involved (sarge in the Sherwood Foresters) in 'Market Garden' the operation to take the bridges with Arnhem being the bridge 'too' far. The supply line was very stretched and substantial pockets of the Wehrmacht remained between the receiving infantry and mechanised forces to the paras. He got shot in the buttocks by a sniper. Ended up transferred to South Wales for rehab where he met my grandmother. He stayed in the army until '47 (11 years) and finished as an MP in Palestine-something which gave him bitter hatred of both sides until he died in '97. He lost a leg in the building of the 'then' Port Talbot bypass in the '60s.
Sounds like he was a great man Prof (y)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back