• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Woman that fell off the pier in Aberavon

jack123

Michu
Reaction score

I must say this case intrigues me, simply because I think the judge has no legal right, to withhold any compensation. It seems totally unfair, obviously the woman suffered life changing injuries, but I can't fathom out that she was awarded zero, simply because the judge deemed her to be exaggerating her injuries.

From reading that,she was offered out of court settlement of 352 grand, but now she gets zero because the judge is not a fan of compensation payouts What? I don't get it, surely you cannot be punished for exaggerating symptoms, I would think you would just give the minimal compensation, not nothing?

I must say this case intrigues me, simply because I think the judge has no legal right, to withhold any compensation. It seems totally unfair, obviously the woman suffered life changing injuries, but I can't fathom out that she was awarded zero, simply because the judge deemed her to be exaggerating her injuries.

From reading that,she was offered out of court settlement of 352 grand, but now she gets zero because the judge is not a fan of compensation payouts What? I don't get it, surely you cannot be punished for exaggerating symptoms, I would think you would just give the minimal compensation, not nothing?
This is exactly why Murdoch settles for gigantic sums out of court. The courts would far rather you settle out of court and if you've been made an offer it impacts how much you can be awarded

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back