• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today’s Grub

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 32
  • Views: Views 6,355
We ordered a take away from Nando's. Fckn rubbish, dont do it guys.

MrSwerve said:
I’m sure it was lovey Dar, but no photo ever of a Sunday dinner looks good. I’ve no idea why people plaster them all over social media.

This is spot on for me - I'm a huge fan of a roast dinner but it never makes a good photograph :lol:

PSumbler said:
MrSwerve said:
I’m sure it was lovey Dar, but no photo ever of a Sunday dinner looks good. I’ve no idea why people plaster them all over social media.

This is spot on for me - I'm a huge fan of a roast dinner but it never makes a good photograph :lol:

I thought it looked magnificent. I didn't get a Sunday roast yesterday and would have walked a long way for a plate of what Darran had.

Cooperman said:
PSumbler said:

I thought it looked magnificent. I didn't get a Sunday roast yesterday and would have walked a long way for a plate of what Darran had.

And it wouldnt have taken long for you with your long legs🤣

Roast dinners do little for me. In fact anything with gravy does. It brings back bad memories for me as I was tasked with making the gravy ,as a kid, after Chapel.

Its the same with roast potatoes ,yorkshire pudding ,Rhubarb tart,and rice pudding -homemade or not. My old fella took a spoonful of honey on his rice pudding and ate it with the skin.

It's things like that that turns one's stomach

My mother was a Yorkshire lass and Sunday evenings we always had cold Yorkshire puddings with jam.

It sounds absolutely disgusting but I loved it as a child.

My mother was a Yorkshire lass and Sunday evenings we always had cold Yorkshire puddings with jam.

[/quote]

Dear God.Well done you.Each to his own of course.

https://weeklyguiltypleasure.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/20130201-poutine.jpg

This is the most appalling "food" Ive eaten. That is cheese curd on top.
Served in a Montreal downtown local eaterie.

Beyond anything imaginable

Darran said:
Neath_Jack said:
Not a fan of Sunday dinners, but no matter what the meat, it must always have mint sauce on it.

Well said friend.

Nonsense.

Horse radish or mustard with beef, mint with lamb, cranberry 🤢 with turkey. Horse radish and mustard get a pass.

J_B said:

I can see how that would work. Yorkshire pudding belongs in a dessert, not a roast dinner. I do love a roast btw.

Toronto_Motors said:

Dear God.Well done you.Each to his own of course.

https://weeklyguiltypleasure.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/20130201-poutine.jpg

This is the most appalling "food" Ive eaten. That is cheese curd on top.
Served in a Montreal downtown local eaterie.

Beyond anything imaginable
[/quote]

That photo looks like a poor example of a great dish. I had poutine more than once on honeymoon in Western Canada a couple of years ago and it was lovely.

I'm reminded of the old song, we hope it's chips, it's chips.

Yesterday we were invited to sunday lunch at English friends of ours who have spent two years renovating an old wreck of a house in 'the campo' outside Adsubia village.
I spent half an hour first chopping up cane from the verge opposite their house for my log burner. It grows all over the place here at the side of streams and on road verges and it's absolutely fab for getting the fire going on top of a load of newspaper and cardboard. It goes up like an inferno.
Anyway, I sank a quick beer after my labours, we were joined by two other english guests and we sat around the dinner table under parasols in the courtyard of their house, a real sun trap. The sky was, blue, cloudless and the temperature got up to 24C. It's been like that for weeks here, but unfortunately we're going to catch the tail end of the storm tomorrow that you've been enjoying in the UK.
We had mixed salad to start, then roast pork, stuffing, apple sauce, roast and boiled spuds, carrots, broccoli, roast parsnips and gravy. All washed down with local Valencian white and rosé, and Rioja red. Dessert was lemon merangue pie and cream, followed by chocolates, coffee and brandy.
It was a perfect afternoon, made better by reflecting on another great Swans win and our current lofty position in the table.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back