• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Todays back 3 need to stay for rest of season

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Thought defensively we looked back to our best today, Ben, Kyle and Ryan all played very well and worked together well as a unit. Very pleased to see Ben back to his best, looks a bit fitter than he has done and all three can play out of the back confidently.

Kyle Naughten has to be one of the best signings this club has ever made, just goes about doing his job quietly, no fuss never any issues just looks a very good pro.

Makes a difference full back wise when Lati and Christie actually track back unlike Manning when he's at left back and Laird

Stability is a good thing, let them settle in as a unit. They will build an understanding. Hate all this chopping and changing.

Oh dear. We were playing a poor Preston, on the wane, at home.

Against top half teams our back 3 is our weakest link, by some margin.

We desperately need a commanding CB, a la Darling, with Naughts shifting to RCB.

The standards of some of our passive followers are dipping, at best. Certainly not setting the Pace.

AndyCole. If you were asked to emphasise the 3 things only about the current team that are good, then what would they be? Not having a dig. Genuinely interested.

Andy has a point with this one to be honest. Back three needs strengthening and needs a bit of pace injected. I’d say LWB is more of a priority but CB isn’t far behind.

who would you replace risc?

For me it has to be cabango then but hes young and an asset.

naughton and manning too good at this level to not play imo

Preston on the wane? Since thier new manager has come in they have been hard to beat! I believe it was Ryan Lowes first defeat to? Preston have had some decent wins this season against the better sides. I thought yesterday the boys at the back done well against a side that would test them

AndyCole said:
Oh dear. We were playing a poor Preston, on the wane, at home.

On the wane ? Their first defeat in 5 league games is on the wane ?

As you said, oh dear. Quite extraordinary, Jeff.

FelindreJack said:
Andy with a derogatory post again…there’s a surprise 🙄

I agree with him on this Kyle has been up there as a great signing but we need a pacy CH, who can carry and pass. I am willing to wait as yesterday you could see the jigsaw coming together.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/01/23/cabangos-message-to-robert-page/

eteb said:
who would you replace risc?

For me it has to be cabango then but hes young and an asset.

naughton and manning too good at this level to not play imo

It’s a tough one because of the way Martin likes to play but I think we will continue to concede heavily when two of our flat three aren’t centre halves by trade. I think Naughton and Manning should be competing for the central pivot roll so to speak, and there should be two athletic, ball playing centre halves either side, Darling would be perfect one side, I personally think Cabango has done well enough to secure other side.

KrunchyKarrot said:
FelindreJack said:
Andy with a derogatory post again…there’s a surprise 🙄

I agree with him on this Kyle has been up there as a great signing but we need a pacy CH, who can carry and pass. I am willing to wait as yesterday you could see the jigsaw coming together.

Kyle Naughton, one of the first names on the team sheet.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back