• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tree Saw

jack123

Michu
Reaction score
Could anyone give any recommendations for a decent saw too be used for taking down branches of a tree that's getting out of control? Initial inspection of prices, seems to be around 17 quid for a saw that would do the trick, is that about right?

That looks like a nice piece of kit, but for that price i guess hiring a chainsaw would be better, it's a one off cut! Just about to purchase one on amazon, looks the bizz, 17 quid,!!!

more than I expected to pay, but it has rave reviews.

Jackfath said:
A chainsaw for £17?

It's a bow saw. And just rechecked price 15.99, If the reviews are too be believed, I'm going to make fcking mincemeat out of the annoying branches..

Seem's like I'm paying a few quid over the odds, I checked b and q out, they had 2 bow saws for sale, both around the ten quid mark, never seen such bad reviews in all my life, so hopefully this will be ok, and it's the business!!I And I will chop those annoying branches down no problemo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshU58nI0Ts

I have a Bosch cordless reciprocal saw- designed for branches . Light and effective. Great bit of kit but 70 quid. Have a lot of large shrubs and small trees so used regularly

Having the right gear for jobs around the house/garden saves hours of frustration. Long term, they pay for themselves.

Jackfath said:
Having the right gear for jobs around the house/garden saves hours of frustration. Long term, they pay for themselves.

Mate of mine uses knives as screwdrivers.

Professor said:
I have a Bosch cordless reciprocal saw- designed for branches . Light and effective. Great bit of kit but 70 quid. Have a lot of large shrubs and small trees so used regularly

Thanks, that sound's pretty good! Ordered the bow saw in the end, but yes most definitely, you get what you pay for. But I am leaning towards getting quality kit rather than going for the cheaper option.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back