• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wales' new Covid-19 rules

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 2,434

Monty

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
People in Wales have been banned from meeting friends, and family outside of their household, in private gardens under the Welsh Government's new coronavirus rules.
The rules replace Wales' fire-break lockdown from Monday the 9th of November.

Groups of four people from up to four different households are allowed to meet in a café, restaurant, or pub - assuming they are socially distanced.

Two households are also allowed to bubble together and travel restrictions within Wales have been lifted.

Groups of up to four people from different households are able to meet outside in public spaces providing they adhere to social distancing guidelines.

But it would be breaking the law to have someone from outside of your household - or extended household - come over to your garden.

This is because the Welsh Government wants people to meet in a "regulated setting" where coronavirus is less likely to be transmitted.

Their concern is that people are more likely to engage in "risky behaviour" in private settings, such as going inside homes and not keeping 2 metres apart.

The Welsh Government guidelines say in winter it is "much more likely that people together in a garden will need or want to go indoors."

You will instead have to meet people in a pub or restaurant, or in public spaces such as parks.

Minister Eluned Morgan was asked about this by journalists during the Welsh Government's coronavirus briefing.

She said: "What we wanted to do was make sure we allow people the opportunity to meet in a controlled environment.

"We know pub landlords have a long history in being able to control their own environment.

"What we don't know is how that will happen in people's homes so we want to give people the opportunity to meet each other in a controlled environment

"We're allowing people from four different households to come together in a regulated environment and that's the fundamental difference."

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-11-04/why-you-will-soon-be-banned-from-meeting-people-in-your-garden-under-wales-new-covid-19-rules

I've honestly lost track and have given up trying to keep up to be honest. Thankfully the lockdown doesn't really affect my work (education), so I'm just keeping indoors and away from pubs/restaurants/shops as much as possible, except for takeaways. Staying in touch with family via Facetime etc. These bubble rules, indoor/outdoor visits etc seem to be changing by the week.

MrSwerve said:
I've honestly lost track and have given up trying to keep up to be honest. Thankfully the lockdown doesn't really affect my work (education), so I'm just keeping indoors and away from pubs/restaurants/shops as much as possible, except for takeaways. Staying in touch with family via Facetime etc. These bubble rules, indoor/outdoor visits etc seem to be changing by the week.

Same here. I go about my daily schedule whilst applying common sense, washing hands and sanitising whenever possible, wearing a mask, staying away from elderly and vulnerable, and so on.

Have you seen the videos floating around of people queuing outside Primark in (I think) Cardiff this morning

Its been two weeks - surely the need cannot possibly be that big

I’ve just spent four hours in a queue over Tesco to get a birthday card for my son whose birthday was yesterday.

Monty said:
People in Wales have been banned from meeting friends, and family outside of their household, in private gardens under the Welsh Government's new coronavirus rules.

Groups of four people from up to four different households are allowed to meet in a café, restaurant, or pub - assuming they are socially distanced.

Two households are also allowed to bubble together and travel restrictions within Wales have been lifted.

Groups of up to four people from different households are able to meet outside in public spaces providing they adhere to social distancing guidelines.

But it would be breaking the law to have someone from outside of your household - or extended household - come over to your garden.

This is because the Welsh Government wants people to meet in a "regulated setting" where coronavirus is less likely to be transmitted.

Their concern is that people are more likely to engage in "risky behaviour" in private settings, such as going inside homes and not keeping 2 metres apart.

The Welsh Government guidelines say in winter it is "much more likely that people together in a garden will need or want to go indoors."

You will instead have to meet people in a pub or restaurant, or in public spaces such as parks.

Minister Eluned Morgan was asked about this by journalists during the Welsh Government's coronavirus briefing.

She said: "What we wanted to do was make sure we allow people the opportunity to meet in a controlled environment.

"We know pub landlords have a long history in being able to control their own environment.

"What we don't know is how that will happen in people's homes so we want to give people the opportunity to meet each other in a controlled environment

"We're allowing people from four different households to come together in a regulated environment and that's the fundamental difference."

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-11-04/why-you-will-soon-be-banned-from-meeting-people-in-your-garden-under-wales-new-covid-19-rules
So if the WG want folk to preferably meet in a regulated settings, ie Pubs and Restaurants, because its safer, why have they closed them down during Lockdowns and Firebreaks. Just asking.

PSumbler said:
Have you seen the videos floating around of people queuing outside Primark in (I think) Cardiff this morning

Its been two weeks - surely the need cannot possibly be that big
The missus was in ASDA Morriston this morning doing some food shopping, she reckoned it was carnage (probably a slight exaggeration).

Jack2jack said:
Monty said:

So if the WG want folk to preferably meet in a regulated settings, ie Pubs and Restaurants, because its safer, why have they closed them down during Lockdowns and Firebreaks. Just asking.

Because sometimes you have to brake gently, other times you need to brake harder.

All depends on the conditions.

It was chaos in Tesco this morning. First time I’ve had to wait to go in since the original lockdown. Felt like the last day before a lockdown rather than the first day after it ended. People must have been desperate to stock up on birthday cards and stuff before the next firebreak.

exiledclaseboy said:
It was chaos in Tesco this morning. First time I’ve had to wait to go in since the original lockdown. Felt like the last day before a lockdown rather than the first day after it ended. People must have been desperate to stock up on north day cards and stuff before the next firebreak.

Is ‘North day’ a bit like Black history month but for those hailing from oop North?

MrSwerve said:
exiledclaseboy said:
It was chaos in Tesco this morning. First time I’ve had to wait to go in since the original lockdown. Felt like the last day before a lockdown rather than the first day after it ended. People must have been desperate to stock up on north day cards and stuff before the next firebreak.

Is ‘North day’ a bit like Black history month but for those hailing from oop North?

Stop editing my quotes to make me look silly. :D

MrSwerve said:

Same. Just keeping my head down and if and when I do have to go out or meet up with people, then stick to social distancing/mask as much as possible. Nothing changed for me in this last firebreak. I'm not sure the rules make that much of a difference if people apply acknowledge we're in the middle of a global pandemic and neep to keep vigilant (except for those who have to mix at work, that must be harder).

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back