• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yesterday’s Performance

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 2,424
We were abject in the first half. We were a bit less abject in the second half.

Darran said:
Am I the only one that thought the second half was decent and we were having a go?

Probably

Even Jackfath may have left early yesterday 🤣. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that when it’s only 1-0. If the tv pictures weren’t distorting the numbers leaving early, of course.

I thought Hudds just let us have the ball because we didn’t have a clue what to do with it. So if that’s having a go, then yeah, we had a go. We should have won it at the end.

We were OK in the second half & yes we had a go but that's the absolute minimum I'd expect.
Huddersfield are a really poor, limited side & the fact we couldn't beat them at home shows how much we're struggling.

It probably shows how bad things are when “having a go” is somehow worthy of praise.

Giving it a go? Can you imagine what we could be like if Duff played to our strengths?

Playing Fulton at right back isn’t one of these. I’d love to see the thinking behind some of his tactical and selection decisions. The mind boggles.

Cooperman said:
Giving it a go? Can you imagine what we could be like if Duff played to our strengths?

Playing Fulton at right back isn’t one of these. I’d love to see the thinking behind some of his tactical and selection decisions. The mind boggles.
Playing Fulton in midfield with Patino on the bench at home to Huddersfield isn't one of those either .

Cooperman said:

I imagine the players struggle to understand the gibberish that comes out of his mouth. His interviews make a PeRcH post seem coherent

exiledclaseboy said:
It probably shows how bad things are when “having a go” is somehow worthy of praise.

Prosser in it, he probably had a chat and a photo with Duff etc which buoyed is mood, loves a bit of attention does Pross, just saying in case you hadn't noticed :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Prosser in it, he probably had a chat and a photo with Duff etc which buoyed is mood, loves a bit of attention does Pross, just saying in case you hadn't noticed :lol:

If Darran hasn't got a photo with them they are certainly not celebrities, and definitely not worth knowing :D

cmajack said:
Playing Fulton in midfield with Patino on the bench at home to Huddersfield isn't one of those either .

Quite right, another example.

I said on another thread, yesterday started to go visibly pear shaped at 2pm when the team sheet was released.

waynekerr55 said:
I imagine the players struggle to understand the gibberish that comes out of his mouth. His interviews make a PeRcH post seem coherent

I wouldn't go that far.

cmajack said:
If Darran hasn't got a photo with them they are certainly not celebrities, and definitely not worth knowing :D

Good point well made that! :lol:

Having a go is the bare minimum I would expect. The first half we were shocking, there was no tempo and no pace to our play. Huddersfield clearly came to camp 11 behind the ball and play for a point and Cabango commits the cardinal sin of the defender by sliding in towards your own goal to cut out a ball across his own six yard box, no surprises that the lead is gifted to them and they clam up even more.

The walking pace 3 or 4 touch football we played in the first half was never going to break them down if we played for 450 minutes let alone 45. Fulton and Grimes were guilty 9 times out of 10 of looking for the easy pass back and not even getting their heads up or their bodies side on to the ball to have the option of moving forward.

Walsh and Paterson were picking up some great positions between the defence and attack but we were hardly ever looking to thread the ball through to them, no surprises that on the few occasions we did we looked a threat and created chances.

Darran said:
Am I the only one that thought the second half was decent and we were having a go?

I mean we had a go first half. We had them penned in for most of it, just couldn't brake them down. Quality in the final third was woeful, no idea from corners or how to penetrate the penalty area.

Second half was different. We weren't nearly as in control of the game. As much as we looked more threatening we looked completely open, if they're players decided to get at us on the counter attack they would have got another, Sorba Thomas and their number 7 turned down the chance to have a go 1v1 fortunately for us. Too often Cabango and Darling were left exposed to their wide players and a better team scores 2 or 3 of those chances.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back