• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

You could see it coming

killayjack74

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
As soon as Piroe got taken off there was only going to be one result. I know we were down to 10 through injury approx 7 minutes after Piroe went off but Martin has to look at the tactics. Stay on the front front and give the defence a chance by getting it forward. Brum bring on the big lad and there's panic on the bench to match the height at set plays with Darling.
Don't we have a set-play coach anymore?

I think it would probably have still happened with Piroe on. We can't defend especially without Allen

And yes, this set piece issue needs addressing. There was spell where we had really good stats scoring and defending them and the coach was receiving plaudits. I'm sure this was in Martin's tenure?

killayjack74 said:
As soon as Piroe got taken off there was only going to be one result. I know we were down to 10 through injury approx 7 minutes after Piroe went off but Martin has to look at the tactics. Stay on the front front and give the defence a chance by getting it forward. Brum bring on the big lad and there's panic on the bench to match the height at set plays with Darling.
Don't we have a set-play coach anymore?

My son and I left around 10 mins before the end both saying to our mates "we are off can't stomach watching the Brummies celebrating when they beat us"
We just got outside when they scored their equaliser. It is painful to watch us at the moment. Martin needs help as he is tactically hopeless when it comes to closing a game out.

Donnybackspin said:
My son and I left around 10 mins before the end both saying to our mates "we are off can't stomach watching the Brummies celebrating when they beat us"
We just got outside when they scored their equaliser. It is painful to watch us at the moment. Martin needs help as he is tactically hopeless when it comes to closing a game out.
No, no, no. He doesn’t need help with his tactical ineptitude. The only thing he needs is his P45.

Donnybackspin said:

My brother, nephew & myself usually go down and sit in or stand just behind any vacant disabled seats after 88/89 minutes to watch the rest of the game. On the way down, we agreed Brum were going to equalise any second and they did before we'd even finished going down the steps, then they announced 7 minutes added, I said to my bro, shit, there's plenty of time for them to win this and moments later he said 'and there it is'. It wasn't a case of ' you couldn't make this up' because you knew instinctively that you didn't have to because it was obvious it was going to happen. The most annoying thing was the the 2 teams looked a couple of divisions apart for the whole of the first half but as soon as they upped their game, we were immediately on the back foot and caved in. When Chong ran 60 yards with the ball and fired over the bar, we didn't learn and when he did it again about 90 seconds later, he scored. We were lucky to be presented with our 3rd and I don't know if the stats would back it up but we must be the worst team in this division for closing a game out. The subs hamstrung us. Ntcham has his critics but I thought he was very good in the first half and was a big part of us keeping the pressure on. We lost some forward momentum when Cundle replaced him and then taking Piroe off from his best game for months, maybe even the whole season, increased our negativity and don't get me started on making 3 one man subs and leaving us without subs for most of the last 1/2 hour, that was just stupid beyond words.

karnataka said:
The subs hamstrung us.

I cannot decide which aspect of Martin is the worst. Is it the poor game management, as exhibited yesterday with the subs, or is it the defensive tactics that he deploys. Either way both are contributing to our own downfall.

Cooperman said:
I cannot decide which aspect of Martin is the worst. Is it the poor game management, as exhibited yesterday with the subs, or is it the defensive tactics that he deploys. Either way both are contributing to our own downfall.

2 wins in 15 Coops, constantly losing games from winning positions. The charge sheet is now embarrassing.
Basically he's not very good. And if I get yet another e mail telling me to renew asap........!!

Cooperman said:

Is it just me or do Martin's substitutions rarely seem to be about making tactical changes based on what's happening on the pitch? Tactically, he seems to go about as far as chucking more attacking players on if we're losing. Beyond that, it seems to be either making subs to waste time when we're hanging on to a lead or just making subs because that's what managers do.

I'm no football manager, but surely one of the things coaches and managers should be working on in the lead up to a match is what is expected of all players when a sub is made? For example, the whole team should know how to adjust their play and positioning to compensate when Allen is brought off around the 60 minute mark. I just don't see any evidence of that kind of planning.

karnataka said:
My brother, nephew & myself usually go down and sit in or stand just behind any vacant disabled seats after 88/89 minutes to watch the rest of the game. On the way down, we agreed Brum were going to equalise any second and they did before we'd even finished going down the steps, then they announced 7 minutes added, I said to my bro, s**t, there's plenty of time for them to win this and moments later he said 'and there it is'. It wasn't a case of ' you couldn't make this up' because you knew instinctively that you didn't have to because it was obvious it was going to happen. The most annoying thing was the the 2 teams looked a couple of divisions apart for the whole of the first half but as soon as they upped their game, we were immediately on the back foot and caved in. When Chong ran 60 yards with the ball and fired over the bar, we didn't learn and when he did it again about 90 seconds later, he scored. We were lucky to be presented with our 3rd and I don't know if the stats would back it up but we must be the worst team in this division for closing a game out. The subs hamstrung us. Ntcham has his critics but I thought he was very good in the first half and was a big part of us keeping the pressure on. We lost some forward momentum when Cundle replaced him and then taking Piroe off from his best game for months, maybe even the whole season, increased our negativity and don't get me started on making 3 one man subs and leaving us without subs for most of the last 1/2 hour, that was just stupid beyond words.

The only change I would do to that is

From

"My brother, nephew & myself usually go down and sit in or stand just behind any vacant disabled seats after 88/89 minutes to watch the rest of the game. "

To

"Me and my two sons"

The rest is nearly word for word in our conversation .

JackSomething said:
Is it just me or do Martin's substitutions rarely seem to be about making tactical changes based on what's happening on the pitch?

I'd like to see the figures for how often Ntcham gets subbed around the hour mark, plus Piroe (or whoever is up front) on 75 minutes. Those seem like pre-planned swaps.

Dr. Winston said:
I'd like to see the figures for how often Ntcham gets subbed around the hour mark, plus Piroe (or whoever is up front) on 75 minutes. Those seem like pre-planned swaps.

Again, this plus the constant same mistakes have to make you think that the stats guys/Russ and coaches are not thorough in any shape or form. If a nurse/firefighter/steelworker or even a fckn shelfstacker carried on like this...it be out the door sunshine.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back