• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Your thoughts on Afghanistan

SgorioFruit

First Team Player
Reaction score
Announced that British troops likely to leave Afghan along with US troops this september.

As an ex serviceman myself I fully support the troops that served over there.

20 year war,
Now coming to an end (for some)

What has been achieved?

Nobody ever seems to win a war there
The Russians couldn't, the yanks couldn't and many before
They just seem to love fighting

What happens next?

Glad our troops are stood down but how long will it be before something changes and the Russians are there or worse?

God bless all those who lost their lives serving there. Goddam hell hole of a place. A war never worth fighting and which could never be won because the Taliban are omnipresent. Not good for women, children or non believers.

It’s a clear statement of policy intent from Biden even though Trump started the ball rolling.

An interesting article in the Guardian and not a spelling mistake in sight:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/14/damned-either-way-biden-opts-out-of-afghanistan-as-us-tires-of-forever-wars

Best_loser said:
Nobody ever seems to win a war there
The Russians couldn't, the yanks couldn't and many before
They just seem to love fighting

Yes, this has been going on for centuries.

One of my best mates from my schooldays served twice in Iraq and once in Afghanistan. When he left the forces and got a regular job he could not adjust to it as he was such an adventurous type. His adopted mother passed away and he decided to track down his blood family. When he did he found he had a brother who was just like him who had also served and also could not adjust to civvy street. They found out that they could get a job earning some serious dough just by driving from A to B in Iraq delivering medical supplies so off they went.

A week into the job, their vehicle was ambushed and my friend was shot dead, his brother survived.

I met his brother at the funeral and he was like his twin.

Rest in peace Andrew, you were always a wild one but we had some mental times growing into adults.

Ebo said:
One of my best mates from my schooldays served twice in Iraq and once in Afghanistan. When he left the forces and got a regular job he could not adjust to it as he was such an adventurous type. His adopted mother passed away and he decided to track down his blood family. When he did he found he had a brother who was just like him who had also served and also could not adjust to civvy street. They found out that they could get a job earning some serious dough just by driving from A to B in Iraq delivering medical supplies so off they went.

A week into the job, their vehicle was ambushed and my friend was shot dead, his brother survived.

Rest in peace Andrew, you were always a wild one but we had some mental times growing into adults.
Wow, that just awful, to find one of your own, and then lose them in such a way is terrible.
RIP Andrew and thank you for your service.

Jack2jack said:
Ebo said:

Wow, that just awful, to find one of your own, and then lose them in such a way is terrible.

The most heartbreaking thing was that none of us knew he was out there. I was coming off a nightshift and it came on the welsh news.

His brother David is 52 (also adopted) and was in the paras years ago and would have passed if it were not for a back injury and went into the police force for a while. Just before lockdown last year he had a stroke and it was totally unexpected as he is very fit and always on the bike or running. He is in a home recovering in merthyr, hoping to go see him soon. His dad is elderly and not in the best health himself.So sad about this as his family are close to mine and Andrew's mother taught me in junior school.

Ebo said:
Jack2jack said:

The most heartbreaking thing was that none of us knew he was out there. I was coming off a nightshift and it came on the welsh news.

His brother David is 52 (also adopted) and was in the paras years ago and would have passed if it were not for a back injury and went into the police force for a while. Just before lockdown last year he had a stroke and it was totally unexpected as he is very fit and always on the bike or running. He is in a home recovering in merthyr, hoping to go see him soon. His dad is elderly and not in the best health himself.So sad about this as his family are close to mine and Andrew's mother taught me in junior school.
Life can be so cruel, and yet we find ways to get along. I wish your friend a speedy recovery. Your visit will give him a lift I'm sure.
ATB, Ebo👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back