• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Today’s Rain

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 67
  • Views Views: Views 3,450
Lovely stuff.
Should stop all the scrounging little bastards knocking on your door. 🎃
No doubt some will brave the weather, even if it’s hammering down.

Always puzzled why when some parent is taking their kids around, they send them to our door, when all the curtains are shut, all the front lights are off, and they still knock the blinking door. On days like this, wish I’d invested in a gate, it would be bolted and locked.
 
You can tell the tight b******s on here...
I don’t think it’s tight, just because one wishes not to partake in the event. What pees me off, you can clearly see the houses that want to be knocked, they’ve got decorations up on the door, or even the full house! I just don’t get it why some dumb parents send their kids to knock doors that are in darkness. Boils my pee that does, if I wasn’t pretending to be not in, I’d shout to the parent ‘are you fu**ing thick or what, the lights are OUT.
 
We’ve left a tub of sweets in the porch and Mrs has just lit a few lanterns. If passersby want to help themselves then they can, but I’ll be in the kitchen having a drink, with no intention of getting up to answer the door.
 
I don’t think it’s tight, just because one wishes not to partake in the event. What pees me off, you can clearly see the houses that want to be knocked, they’ve got decorations up on the door, or even the full house! I just don’t get it why some dumb parents send their kids to knock doors that are in darkness. Boils my pee that does, if I wasn’t pretending to be not in, I’d shout to the parent ‘are you fu**ing thick or what, the lights are OUT.
You’re going to sit in darkness for the night? 😂
 
I never went trick or treating as a child, for whatever reason, neither did my wife...never really interested us.

Door will be firmly locked with the lights off tonight. With a 1 year old sleeping by then, I don't really want to be opening and closing the door anyway. We even put a sign up last year not to knock as we had a newborn sleeping.

Miserable bar-steward, yes I am! :D
 
I don’t think it’s tight, just because one wishes not to partake in the event. What pees me off, you can clearly see the houses that want to be knocked, they’ve got decorations up on the door, or even the full house! I just don’t get it why some dumb parents send their kids to knock doors that are in darkness. Boils my pee that does, if I wasn’t pretending to be not in, I’d shout to the parent ‘are you fu**ing thick or what, the lights are OUT.

Yeah, that should be the 'rule'. If your house is decorated or you have pumpkins etc by the door, that's fair game. I've never celebrated Halloween, load of BS.
 
I never went trick or treating as a child, for whatever reason, neither did my wife...never really interested us.

Door will be firmly locked with the lights off tonight. With a 1 year old sleeping by then, I don't really want to be opening and closing the door anyway. We even put a sign up last year not to knock as we had a newborn sleeping.

Miserable bar-steward, yes I am! :D
Early night is it? 🍆

This time next year you’ll have two year old and a three month old 😁
 
Early night is it? 🍆

This time next year you’ll have two year old and a three month old 😁

If I had the energy! :ROFLMAO:

We tend to just lock ourselves in the bedroom and watch a scary film (it's normally the only time we watch horror-types of films as we're not fans of them generally) - so I suppose we take it in a little, but that's as far as it goes!
 
Worra bunch of miserable bar stewards on here. Didn't you go around with 'penny for the guy' when you were a kid? I certainly did.

Ive just written a halloween/guy fawkes little memory story to put on my social page tonight about this and the Baglan beast.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top