• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

“The best footballing side in the division” – Blackpool boss Critchley praises the Swans

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Neil Critchley was clearly a happy man yesterday after watching his side come from a goal down to take a point back to the North West from South Wales thanks to a late goal from Keshi Anderson. Anderson struck to cancel out Joel Piroe’s first half opener for the Swans but it was a host […]

Read more

Fair assessment.
Would have been a different game if we had got one or more of the penalties though

it was always a routine 2-0 win. We never got out of second gear but they were very good to be fair. Referee fucked us

STID2017 said:
Fair assessment.
Would have been a different game if we had got one or more of the penalties though

Would have been a different game if we had put on a decent 2nd half performance. Thought the swans were poor yesterday and didn't create much all game . Poor piroe had virtually nothing created for him at all.

Maybe I was just p*ssed up but I thought we were average. Didn’t create much at all.

Risc said:
Maybe I was just p*ssed up but I thought we were average. Didn’t create much at all.

Mostly correct. Everytime we had the ball they had 10 men behind it. We didn't create much apart from a great goal and numerous legitimate penalty shouts with at least one being cast iron. So yes and no but I hope you enjoyed your slurp. :lol:

That is only because they stifled us and were in the game for that sole porpoise.

Yep, thought they were a decent team. No stand out players, just all a very good level generally.

We were definitely below the level required during the second half, we have to start getting on top and creating chances when we're at 1-0.

All goes without saying the usual about the officials. Disgraceful again.

Thought their goalie looked a bit dodgy and we should have had a few more long range shots, although the efforts from Grimes and Naughton late on were woeful.

Also the 3rd "penalty" claim was a definite ... 2-0 up and the post match interview with Critchley would have cast us as dirty cheats :lol:

eteb said:
it was always a routine 2-0 win. We never got out of second gear but they were very good to be fair. Referee fucked us

They were excellent at the possession side of the game and defensively. All they lacked was that quality in the final third to make that count. They played out from the back with intent and energy, and made it look easier than we do. And the worked the press on us very well. As soon as I saw them starting to press, I thought here we go, we can play through this lot and get a hatful. But they never gave us a second - got really tight and worked very well as a unit.

Just annoying that we had the extra quality in the final third, got into good positions and then the ref bottled it. You can certainly see why Blackpool are having a good season though.

We weren’t that good Saturday, did Blackpool have a few missing aswell?

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1462482266307842051?s=21

Still something missing in midfield, and we need a player similar to Laird on the left, raw pace.

He is telling Blackpool fans that he got a draw away from home against the best footballing side in this division.

I wouldn't get too excited about the back handed compliment.

Let's get excited at the end of the season and see where we are in the league.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back