• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea City chances diminish as Ipswich linked with keeper move?

It clearly isn't going to happen for us, and our recruitment team and half-arsed owners need to get themselves into gear to sign a replacement. Get the Rotherham boy in!

Reality is, if we have any chance then it is going to be another loan with Rushworth.
We need to get back on track and bring in players permanently with a ceiling of potential resale.
Goalkeepers are a different breed and cazn go on longer than outfield players so we really need to be looking at 26yrs and under.
Just a quick look at players out if contract this summer suggests there are plenty of options
Patrick Schulte
Alvaro fernandez
Egil Selvik

Others out there who are in contract that are available I believe in budget
Oliver Dovin
Jacob Widell Zetterstrom
Hugo Keto

As sad as it may feel, we can't praise Rushworth for being as great as he is but then act disappointed when he's linked to join better clubs than us. I'm fairly confident he could nail a #1 spot in the Premier League already, despite how shaky he is with his feet, he might be the best shot stopper I've ever seen at this level. Would be an absolute coup for us to nab him for even another season on loan, but we have to be realistic and recognise we aren't the biggest fish in this pond

The reality is from Brighton's perspective it would be the next natural progression in Rushworth's development so I could absolutely see it happening if they didn't want to stick with their existing goalkeeper (which would be harsh)

He kept 15 clean sheets and only conceded 57 goals in 46 appearances this season.

The reality is from Brighton's perspective it would be the next natural progression in Rushworth's development so I could absolutely see it happening if they didn't want to stick with their existing goalkeeper (which would be harsh)

He kept 15 clean sheets and only conceded 57 goals in 46 appearances this season.
Seems to love it here, is still very young for a keeper and has improved and is coached by the England goalkeeping coach another year here under Margetson will only further help his development

Makes a lot of mistakes with distribution, the PL would eat him up, especially the way the top six press high up into oppositions half

As sad as it may feel, we can't praise Rushworth for being as great as he is but then act disappointed when he's linked to join better clubs than us. I'm fairly confident he could nail a #1 spot in the Premier League already, despite how shaky he is with his feet, he might be the best shot stopper I've ever seen at this level. Would be an absolute coup for us to nab him for even another season on loan, but we have to be realistic and recognise we aren't the biggest fish in this pond
That’s why this supposed rumour about Ipswich doesn’t make sense. Their keeper is a proper footballer. Rushworth wouldn’t fit (unless they were to change their approach).

It clearly isn't going to happen for us, and our recruitment team and half-arsed owners need to get themselves into gear to sign a replacement. Get the Rotherham boy in!
Joining Stoke, 900K.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back