• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Walsh, Placheta and Ogbeta all released

Yeah surprised at Placheta as well, whilst he didn’t rip any trees up he had something about him and gave us an outlet to get forward.

Yeah surprised at Placheta as well, whilst he didn’t rip any trees up he had something about him and gave us an outlet to get forward.
Yep. Maybe we couldn't afford him. He must have been on a fair whack at Norwich before we took over the end of his contract.

Or we've got a really crap recruitment team who keep finding players we get rid of 6 months later.

Placheta is very ordinary, and I’d ditch Paterson now too. I’d like to see us aim at better than both.

If we just wanted pace and bugger all else then Garrick and the bloke we bought from Sundo were better than Placheta. At least they had some idea what to do with the ball even if they couldn’t do it. Mo Barrow was 10 times better than all of them and he wasn’t very good.

When you look at the numbers for Placheta they actually make pretty dire reading.
He was with us for 20 match day rounds, only played in 11 of them and was injured for all of the last nine.
He racked up 0 goals and 1 assist (and some of the chances he missed were absolute sitters)

Placheta was all energy and pace with zero end product and that is the reality of it. If he had genuine potential then Norwich wouldn't have let him leave to us when they did.

I am sorry to see Walsh go as unlike Placheta he did have genuine skill and talent but unfortunately his injury record these past three years speaks for itself. When you missed significantly more games than you were available for over two whole years and none of them were down to any serious long term injury then the decision had to be an obvious one.

The only one I wish we had kept was Ogbeta even if it was only as backup to Tymon as a left back.

One name I was surprised to see on the list was McFayden, there was a time a couple of years back when he was being talked about as being ready for the first team but that never transpired.

Yea disappointed Placheta isn't staying. Probably wanted higher wages than we'd pay. But he'd be free, how much would we need to pay to get a winger of similar standard and then pay wages on top. Maybe his injury record came into it.

Ogbeta, what a waste. We have to stop signing players and completely writing them off without giving them a chance.

Placheta is very ordinary, and I’d ditch Paterson now too. I’d like to see us aim at better than both.

If we just wanted pace and bugger all else then Garrick and the bloke we bought from Sundo were better than Placheta. At least they had some idea what to do with the ball even if they couldn’t do it. Mo Barrow was 10 times better than all of them and he wasn’t very good.
Garrick released by Forest Green

Walsh makes a lot of sense given his weekly wage with no guarantee his injury record will improve......really hope though he gets a good move and pushes on as there is a really talented player in there.

Placheta is a little dissapointing as he is versatile in being able to play on the wing, left back and centrally attacking and would have been happier to see him sign a contract before Naughton and Allen. Placheta might have been asking for a bigger wage, want to be closer to home.

Ogbeta is a catch 22, didn't really want him it seems and by not offering the same terms then he can go for free.....if we offered him the same terms then he might have signed it leaving us u shiit creek.

Placheta looked alright, but his finishing was shocking and his injury record is pretty bad I think, he was one of the higher earners at Norwich, so he’d probably get a good deal abroad somewhere.

Placheta looked alright, but his finishing was shocking and his injury record is pretty bad I think, he was one of the higher earners at Norwich, so he’d probably get a good deal abroad somewhere.
His signing served a purpose. I'm hoping the club can recruit better during the Summer window.

His signing served a purpose. I'm hoping the club can recruit better during the Summer window.
Yeah exactly this, I’m hoping they have someone decent lined up, maybe Lowe is re signing as the winger.

If we can find anther Ronald, I'll be more than happy
Agree totally, right now Ronald's impact is diminished by the fact that he is our only consistent threat on the flanks which lets teams double up on him without worry that they are going to be short handed on the other side if we quickly switched play.

Agree totally, right now Ronald's impact is diminished by the fact that he is our only consistent threat on the flanks which lets teams double up on him without worry that they are going to be short handed on the other side if we quickly switched play.
Totally agree. If we can have the same sort of threat on both wings, takes some of the pressure off him.

West Brom v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back