• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Walsh, Placheta and Ogbeta all released

This is the issue.
Out goes
Rushworth, Ashby, Humphreys, Walsh, Patino, Sagore jnr, Lowe, Placheta and possibly Pato.
Pederson the only one returning in contract from a loan.
We needed to be logical with Naughton and Allen considering what we already have available in their positions and the wages being paid out in midfield to Grimes and Fulton.

We don't have much scope this summer and the wages of Naughton and Allen combined could have brought a player in who would have been a lot younger and capable of starting come the first game of the season.
Agreed. I think Naughton adds more than Joe based on what little we saw of them this season. The experience is worth something in the dressing room too. Not much in it though and you can make the same argument for Joey.

I agree with you. To have both seems like an indulgence and frankly a waste of money. Is this just shit management thinking they can placate the fans with ‘ones of our own’? If we’re going down that route I’d want someone like Rodon, not players that struggle to last 90 mins and can’t string half a dozen matches together.

I only caught from 20 mins onwards in that game but yes I agree that Ogbeta was anonymous. If I didn't know he was on the team sheet I wouldn't have realised he was playing and I didn't notice they had subbed him off for like 10 minutes after he came off.

I think when you look at his performances it makes sense too. We’re desperate for any positive signs, and he delivered a couple. But realistically we need much more if we want to be top half comfortably.

Ogbeta was absolutely crap for Bolton yesterday. I’ve no idea if that was a one-off, but on that showing we’re well shot of him.
And, in fairness, Bolton took Declan John off our hands, so that's twice we've bummed them 😂👍

Ogbeta has signed for Plymouth.

If we'd have offered him a new contract, we'd have been entitled to compensation. Were we frightened that he'd sign and we'd be lumbered with him again?

He isn't a Championship player. Plymouth need better signings than him

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back