• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2 Big Ones

Russell Martin: Swansea City head coach's move to Southampton held up over compensation https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65779193

Neath_Jack said:
Russell Martin: Swansea City head coach's move to Southampton held up over compensation https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65779193

Do we take the 1.25 and avoid a Cooper situation or delay and hold out for the 2 with the cost being preparations, signings etc?

SwanseaJack said:
Do we take the 1.25 and avoid a Cooper situation or delay and hold out for the 2 with the cost being preparations, signings etc?

Meet somewhere in the middle I expect. Sounds about fair that way.

Neath_Jack said:
Meet somewhere in the middle I expect. Sounds about fair that way.

Would love that to be the case but they will bank on the fact that Russ' relationship with the board and fans probably has no way back now. Just hope this gets sorted in next day or so.....

Blackpooljack said:
I'd play hard ball, plenty have f**ked us over through the years.

Me too… if they want him. Pay up. It’s not as if they haven’t got the money.

The media is reporting the compensation clause in Russ’ contract is £1.25m for a Premiership club or £1.75m for a Championship club (presumably to deter him moving to a Championship rival and then dazzling us with walking football).

One would expect the termination clause in Russ’ contract to be specific in terms of whether the compensation is triggered by “an approach” or otherwise by “agreeing terms and conditions”.

The Yanks will be loving this because it exacerbates the agonising limbo and gives a perfect excuse for doing nothing, then blaming Southampton.

Decisive action needed.

This has the feeling of ending badly.
Gone from alleged £400k to £2m for a guy we don't want.
Smacks of Whittaker our beloved Russ didn't want him and the owners expected Rangers to cough up £2m for someone who wasn't playing and hardly did.
Yet Bidwell was given away because he wasn't wanted despite playing fairly regularly under Russ.
I'm putting my leaving my ''best wishes on your new job'' card on hold.

I know it won't make a big difference but how much will we be paying out in wages for him and his staff while the delay continues?

Blackpooljack said:
I'd play hard ball, plenty have f**ked us over through the years.

Exactly this, Sam Clucas instantly springs to mind.

Now that Southampton are a defacto Championship club then the contract stipulates they pay the championship rate.

Of course they will argue against the clause and if they don't think he's worth another 500k then they can't really be that arsed about his powers

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back