• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2 very quiet sites

It would probably busier if it didn’t spuriously log users out after they’ve written a post. Numerous posts I have written have not appeared due to that stupid function and this is my third attempt at a reply on this thread alone.

Anyway, if you still have a hard-on for Laudrup or a Napoleon complex the other site is the one for you. Not sure why Warwick is still on there......

Itchysphincter said:
It would probably busier if it didn’t spuriously log users out after they’ve written a post. Numerous posts I have written have not appeared due to that stupid function and this is my third attempt at a reply on this thread alone.

Anyway, if you still have a hard-on for Laudrup or a Napoleon complex the other site is the one for you. Not sure why Warwick is still on there......

There is no function that logs people out automatically so I am keen to understand what that "stupid function" is ? The login time on the site is unlimited for a deliberate reason.

It's not something I have experienced so without understanding exactly what happens - and if it is a widespread issue or not - then it is difficult to fix (if indeed it needs fixing as it could be a localised error)

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:

There is no function that logs people out automatically so I am keen to understand what that "stupid function" is ? The login time on the site is unlimited for a deliberate reason.

It's not something I have experienced so without understanding exactly what happens - and if it is a widespread issue or not - then it is difficult to fix (if indeed it needs fixing as it could be a localised error)

Not just me then. I've logged in on here, written a reply, press submit and boom, it tells me to login. My post is then gone. So do I write it out again or not ?

WxmJax said:
PSumbler said:

Not just me then. I've logged in on here, written a reply, press submit and boom, it tells me to login. My post is then gone. So do I write it out again or not ?

I'm not a technical expert but there will be a couple of things worth trying here

1. When you login make sure the "Remember me" option is checked.
2. Ensure you have cookies enabled on the site - without them I suspect the logout feature will happen from time to time

In Chrome I know this is under Settings>Privacy and Data>Cookies and you can set it to always remember cookies from planetswans.co.uk

I appreciate this is happening but there is no reason why it should happen, I can try and trace it from activity time on the site but I suspect that won't tell me anything that hints at why it is happening. I would certainly do option 1 above (unless of course you are on a public computer) as the "remember me" option is set indefinitely so the only thing that should log you out would be a deletion of cookies or a manual deletion

EDIT: Just done some google searches - this may be caused by IP addresses from your provider. Each IP address has a four digit code a : b:c:d (where the letters are numbers) - the site was searching for consistency on a : b:c when making a post, there is some recommendations that it should just be a : b as some ISPs are changing c:d many times in a session. I have changed it now to just check a : b - let's see what this does to the issue, if it continues then I may disable that feature completely although that has some potential issues.

PSumbler said:
Itchysphincter said:

It is not uncommon for me to post or reply to a post which appears in the thread but then my next reply or posts could be seconds later yet does not appear. When I try to post again it waits until I’ve typed the body of message only to tell me to login before it will post. When I log in I am am faced with a blank text field again, all the body of my message is missing. I’ve given up typing out the same thing again on a number of occasions and just not bothered.

Itchysphincter said:
PSumbler said:

It is not uncommon for me to post or reply to a post which appears in the thread but then my next reply or posts could be seconds later yet does not appear. When I try to post again it waits until I’ve typed the body of message only to tell me to login before it will post. When I log in I am am faced with a blank text field again, all the body of my message is missing. I’ve given up typing out the same thing again on a number of occasions and just not bothered.

Thanks.

See my last reply above, there's a couple of things worth a check your end and I have made one setting change this end that may be causing the issue. Let's see how it does - its not a common issue (but clearly not unique) which suggests it just needs something tweaking one end or the other,

Itchysphincter said:
PSumbler said:

The other thing to add is there is a flood interval setting on the site to stop multiple posts but its set at 15 seconds so i dont think that will be an issue

Itchysphincter said:
PSumbler said:

Has this problem improved since the tweaks were made or is it still an issue?

WxmJax said:
Appears to be better for me.

:thumbsup: Good news - hopefully the tweak with the IP address changed it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back