• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2020/21Squad

magicdaps10

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
WOODMAN
BENDA

ROBERTS
NAUGHTON
BIDWELL
JOHN
RODON
CABANGO
GUEHI
RUSHESHA

SMITH
GRIMES
FULTON
BYERS
DAHNDA
GIBBS-WHITE
CELINA

GARRICK
ASORO
ROUTLEDGE
PETTERSON
MCKAY

AYEW
LOWE
CULLEN

Looking strong, inevitably we will probably lose some but so far I am quietly impressed.
Think a centre half and no 9 and we will be good to go.
Need to shift on McKay and Asoro, would have preferred to have seen Routledge move on and Asoro given his opportunity.

Time will tell on whether the signings we're making are good decisions or not, but I'm encouraged by how rapidly we've been closing deals and getting a squad in place for the new season.

A little surprised at how quiet things have been regarding player departures. The fact we're committing presumably significant money to new arrivals (transfer fees, signing-on fees, loan fees, wages) without selling anyone suggests that money has been made available. As others have stated, the concern is where that money is coming from and what string are attached.

Hearing nothing about Ayew going. Surely that is going to have a major impact on our finances, although it of course massively improves our team if he stays. My gut feeling, based on absolutely nothing, is that he'll go out on loan for the season.

Ayew is in his last 11 moths of his contract worth around 3M.
Investment plus big earners off the books, not out of the possibility that he might be about this season coming.

I have a feeling that our burst into the play offs might have given the yanks a little kick up the rear, make a push to try and do something this season.

magicdaps10 said:
Ayew is in his last 11 moths of his contract worth around 3M.
Investment plus big earners off the books, not out of the possibility that he might be about this season coming.

I have a feeling that our burst into the play offs might have given the yanks a little kick up the rear, make a push to try and do something this season.

Win win for Ayew, he won't get 80K a week elesewhere he stays another season if we get promoted he'll get a new deal or he'll choose to leave on a free and get a chunky sign on fee elsewhere.

Fair play, looking good so far, but we all know what we're missing, don't we?

A Lee Trundle, Jason Scotland, Danny Graham, Michu, Brewster

20/25 goals a season STRIKER......

GARRICK
ASORO
ROUTLEDGE
PETTERSON
MCKAY

This section is very much needs addressing. All fringe players who offer very little quality so far

Ringwood Jack said:
GARRICK
ASORO
ROUTLEDGE
PETTERSON
MCKAY

This section is very much needs addressing. All fringe players who offer very little quality so far

Width wasn’t widely used last season.

Pegojack said:

That's a no brainer. Who would you be targeting ?

Or would you prefer to leverage Cullen's potential and invest more in Ayew to nurture Cullen's development ?

Or utilise Peterson's undoubted talent in a front 2 ?

KarlHRummenigge said:
Pegojack said:

Or would you prefer to leverage Cullen's potential and invest more in Ayew to nurture Cullen's development ?

Both of your suggestions are interesting. Or maybe there's a promising lad in leagues 1 & 2 who can step up. Or maybe Cooper knows another budding gem like Brewster in a big club's up and coming ranks.....

Pegojack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:

Both of your suggestions are interesting. Or maybe there's a promising lad in leagues 1 & 2 who can step up. Or maybe Cooper knows another budding gem like Brewster in a big club's up and coming ranks.....

Or maybe Lowe has been brought in with a view to him playing up front?

I liked Gallagher and would have happily taken him for another season but honestly don’t think he’s anywhere near ready to be starting in the Prem. Guess with Palace he’ll be closer to home but I reckon he’ll get a couple starts then spend most of the season on the bench at best.

Despite spending most of the season in a position that didn't seem to be his favoured one Gallagher still chipped in with (I think) about six or seven direct assists. Never really understood the uncertainty about him to be honest.

Dr. Winston said:
Despite spending most of the season in a position that didn't seem to be his favoured one Gallagher still chipped in with (I think) about six or seven direct assists. Never really understood the uncertainty about him to be honest.

My one doubt about him is his technical ability, his first touch isn’t always good enough to my eyes to make him a top four / Champions League player.

Dr. Winston said:

Me neither.

In terms of the squad I would like to see another Brewster type signing for up top but it seems that the gossip columns are empty in this respect.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back