• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

2024/25 season predictions

LeonWasTheDogs

First Team Player
Reaction score
Right then, what are your predictions for the season ahead?

I'm going for a 16th place finish and Williams won't be here by the end of the season.

I would like to also add that the owners won't be here either, but I don't think they've got it in them to find another owner and conclude a deal in 12 months, unfortunately.

Managerial appointment comes good.
Two more perm signings in key positions.
Good use of loan market.
One of the U23’s steps up and has a stormer.

An optimistic 9th.

Right then, what are your predictions for the season ahead?

I'm going for a 16th place finish and Williams won't be here by the end of the season.

I would like to also add that the owners won't be here either, but I don't think they've got it in them to find another owner and conclude a deal in 12 months, unfortunately.
Why won't Williams be here?

I've been impressed with all of our signings, for me its a comfortable 10th placed finish

Early playoff push which fades away last 1/4 of the season. 10th-12th finish

I’ll be optimistic and say we’ll be in and around play offs, if we can get within a few points under Martin I’m hopeful Williams can do it.

Depending on who we get through the door defensively, and a lack of injuries in general, I would say knocking on doors of playoffs also but then a red patch to get us sitting 11th ish.

Also depends how much Cabungle wants to Cabungle, really see him as the weak link back there.......

It's a mug's game doing this before the window shuts, but, on the assumption no key players leave and we get at least one central defender who can actually defend, I think we could finish anywhere ranging from 11th to 17th, depending on quickly new signings gel and how many injuries/suspensions we get during the course of the season.

Think it'll be a slightly more comfortable ride than last season, better to watch, no real relegation danger. Just solid, unspectacular mid-table with the usual highs and lows. Hopefully block Cardiff from doing the Doube over us. Maybe a nice cup run to swell the coffers. Oh, and Williams not being linked with any vacancies elsewhere, so we can keep building the squad quietly under the radar.

After last year, that'll do me just fine.

We finished 13 points outside the play-offs last season, in what we would all consider 'a shit season'.

I think the combinations of Luke>Duff, a better starting XI (although a thinner squad on the whole), and a league that doesn't include as many freakishly strong teams as last season means that we've got to expect at least 8-10 points extra. That would settle us around 9th or so, and certainly flirting with the play-offs.

If we get another centre-half in, and a bit of depth in midfield, I'd maybe raise my eyebrow to something a little higher, but I'm pretty settled on a positive, top-half season with little jeopardy at the moment.

It's a mug's game doing this before the window shuts, but, on the assumption no key players leave and we get at least one central defender who can actually defend, I think we could finish anywhere ranging from 11th to 17th, depending on quickly new signings gel and how many injuries/suspensions we get during the course of the season.

Think it'll be a slightly more comfortable ride than last season, better to watch, no real relegation danger. Just solid, unspectacular mid-table with the usual highs and lows. Hopefully block Cardiff from doing the Doube over us. Maybe a nice cup run to swell the coffers. Oh, and Williams not being linked with any vacancies elsewhere, so we can keep building the squad quietly under the radar.

After last year, that'll do me just fine.
I'll agree with that, although I'll add that hopefully one of our players has a strong enough season to attract big offers next summer. Maybe our new striker?

As much as I'd rather not sell our best players, it's extremely likely we'll need to sell at least one player for relatively big money next summer.

a league that doesn't include as many freakishly strong teams as last season means that we've got to expect at least 8-10 points extra

I'm not so sure we can think about that so blithely. Our record against sides that finished in the top 6 has been awful over the past 5 seasons. Although last season was particularly poor, it wasn't a one off by any stretch.

Don't think the league is as strong this year. Long as we sort the defence, mid table finish and Luke still here.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back