• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

79 years old today

Muteswan

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Vocalist Jon Anderson from Yes. One of the best bands ever.
Happy Birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gka_km9gb5c&list=OLAK5uy_ktk8PtkXO8GdshsmXb6w0fhaCMMTsyFio&index=1

Muteswan said:
Vocalist Jon Anderson from Yes. One of the best bands ever.
Happy Birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gka_km9gb5c&list=OLAK5uy_ktk8PtkXO8GdshsmXb6w0fhaCMMTsyFio&index=1

Saw him once with ARW.
Class.

One of my all time favourites. The accoustic part is life affirming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfgPEh2J9aI

Saw the Close to the Edge tour in the Capitol Theatre, Cardiff.
Probably peak Yes.

Great stuff.

First time I saw them was late '70 in the pre-Wakeman 'The Yes Album' period. Saw them a couple of times more in '72 &' 73. Always regret not seeing the 'Relayer' tour as that's by far my favourite album of theirs and quite unlike anything they did before or since IMO.

Muteswan said:
I saw Yes in early 70’s on the Topographic Oceans tour. Brilliant gig.

Me too as a spotty 15 year old in the Capitol Theatre, Cardiff. In 2022, I went with the Mrs and my younger son to St George's church, Beckenham to see Rick Wakeman do an evening of music and chat. Absolutely fabulous and he's hopefully back in 2024.

Dr. Winston said:
One of my all time favourites. The accoustic part is life affirming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfgPEh2J9aI

Superb album this one and brings back lots of memories.

Happy birthday Jon.

My all time favourite band and 'Close to the Edge' is generally acknowledged as the greatest prog rock album ever, although I suppose 'Dark Side of the Moon' and 'Selling England By The Pound' are in with a shout too!

legoman said:
Me too as a spotty 15 year old in the Capitol Theatre, Cardiff. In 2022, I went with the Mrs and my younger son to St George's church, Beckenham to see Rick Wakeman do an evening of music and chat. Absolutely fabulous and he's hopefully back in 2024.

Was this evening with Rick with his son playing as well? We went to see him and his son doing a similar thing in Pizza Express in London and was a fabulous evening. Rick was very approachable and spoke with individuals before and after the show.

Great to see many others who are fans of Yes, loved them since their first album. Not so keen on the stuff since the Buggles joined.

Muteswan said:
Was this evening with Rick with his son playing as well? We went to see him and his son doing a similar thing in Pizza Express in London and was a fabulous evening. Rick was very approachable and spoke with individuals before and after the show.

No it was just Rick as part of the Beckenham Arts Festival. Ironically the church is yards from the site of Bowie's old rented home (long since demolished) which Rick visited many times when he worked with Bowie.

One of my favourite stories from the evening was about the time Rick visited as Bowie had just started working up the song "Life on Mars". He strummed a few chords on his favourite battered acoustic guitar then asked Rick to play the piano part. Rick being Rick improvised the best he could and after the first play through he asked Bowie how did he want it to be played. Bowie apparently grinned and said "just like that"

legoman said:
No it was just Rick as part of the Beckenham Arts Festival. Ironically the church is yards from the site of Bowie's old rented home (long since demolished) which Rick visited many times when he worked with Bowie.

One of my favourite stories from the evening was about the time Rick visited as Bowie had just started working up the song "Life on Mars". He strummed a few chords on his favourite battered acoustic guitar then asked Rick to play the piano part. Rick being Rick improvised the best he could and after the first play through he asked Bowie how did he want it to be played. Bowie apparently grinned and said "just like that"

I just realised that it was 2016 when we saw them in Pizza Express.

karnataka said:
First time I saw them was late '70 in the pre-Wakeman 'The Yes Album' period. Saw them a couple of times more in '72 &' 73. Always regret not seeing the 'Relayer' tour as that's by far my favourite album of theirs and quite unlike anything they did before or since IMO.

I saw Relayer tour at the Capitol. Enjoyed it immensely. I'd have preferred an earlier gig though, pre TfTO. Fragile the best overall album for my money, but that, the Yes album and CTTE were the golden period. Too much attempted and not great Crimson wannabe on parts of Relayer for me.

legoman said:
Me too as a spotty 15 year old in the Capitol Theatre, Cardiff.

Or was it this one I saw rather than Relayer. Was Moraz on the keyboards for that one as I never saw Wakeman and I remember them doing 'ritual'?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back