• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

8 games in

Best_loser said:
JackSomething said:
Potter made the right choice for himself, what a job he's doing at Brighton. I can't see Rodgers being willing to drop back into the Championship and he wouldn't manage a club with as little money as we have.

The game between their two teams is a cracking one to be fair.
No way would Rodgers come back here , he might even struggle to get a premier league job if Leicester sack him , more likely he would go to a Portuguese or Spanish club , he is fluent in Spanish

I agree Rodgers is unlikely but I wouldn't bet against Ashley Williams becoming our manager at some stage now that he's done his badges and is planning to go into management. If Martin goes, I think Ash would be interested as it would be a good first job for anyone but knowing the club and the area inside out would definitely make it less daunting than it might be for any other newbie.

bakajack said:
Neath_Jack said:
Much better performance yesterday, certainly in the first half.

Would i get rid of him if i had the choice, at this moment in time yes absolutely i would. As JS above says, there have been too many false dawns under him, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

I'm just hoping he has now seen the error of his ways, and let's us play with the shackles off and no more fannying about at the back.

I can't help but wonder two things as I sit down to watch Brighton vs Leicester:

1. Would things have been different if the board had given Potter whatever assurances he wanted to stay when Brighton came knocking?

2. Could this be the last game for Rodgers if Brighton put them to the sword giving a possible opportunity for us to invite him back?

We could have promised Potter the world, he still would have gone. The Premier League gig is too big a lure for any young manager.

Can't see Rodgers coming back here, would love to see it obviously. It would be oytstanding!

Holy shit that third Brighton goal almost ripped a hole in the net

JackSomething said:
Best_loser said:
No way would Rodgers come back here , he might even struggle to get a premier league job if Leicester sack him , more likely he would go to a Portuguese or Spanish club , he is fluent in Spanish

Agree he wouldn't come back here, disagree on not getting another PL job. He got promoted with us and then finished mid-table, came extremely close to ending Liverpool's title drought, won all the domestic trophies with Celtic (not that this 'achievement' means much) and twice almost got Leicester into the Champions League.

Unfortunately Leicester spent a lot last summer without one of their big money sales to fund it, meaning they couldn't spend a lot this summer. I'm guessing Fofana's departure was too late for them to get more than a direct replacement in.

If Leicester sack him, I'm guessing he'd be the first person contacted by any PL club (outside the big 6) when they sack their manager.

Yeah agree, Rodgers will walk into another PL managers job at most of the clubs there.

Cracking game between the pair of them at the moment.

These VAR reviews take waaaaaay to long to sort out. I've said it a millions times before, they need to liaise with the rugby lot to get it working better.

Harsh to rule that out for offside, a matter of inches but offside is offside I guess.

bakajack said:
Harsh to rule that out for offside, a matter of inches but offside is offside I guess.

I don't get the thinking behind chalking that off as offside myself. I've got the comms off, but the guy that was given offside, played no part (positive for the goalscorer, or negative for the defenders) in that goal being scored. Unless I'm being really thick and missed something obvious.

Neath_Jack said:
bakajack said:

I don't get the thinking behind chalking that off as offside myself. I've got the comms off, but the guy that was given offside, played no part (positive for the goalscorer, or negative for the defenders) in that goal being scored. Unless I'm being really thick and missed something obvious.

He attempted an overhead kick and so attempted to play the ball = offside given

bakajack said:
Neath_Jack said:

Aye, he was in amongst 5 or 6 ? other players all making towards the ball. He missed his kick completely, ball eventually goes miles away from said 5 or 6 other bods, and the striker wallops a screamer in. Him going for the ball in the beginning made no difference in the goal being scored. People want to see goals being scored, not cancelled for something like this incident. In my humble opinion of course.

Neath_Jack said:
bakajack said:

Aye, he was in amongst 5 or 6 ? other players all making towards the ball. He missed his kick completely, ball eventually goes miles away from said 5 or 6 other bods, and the striker wallops a screamer in. Him going for the ball in the beginning made no difference in the goal being scored. People want to see goals being scored, not cancelled for something like this incident. In my humble opinion of course.

One of those cases where ruling it out was the correct decision if you're sticking 100% to the rule book, but you'd like to think that two referees between them could agree to apply common sense in this case and say the attempted overhead kick had zero effect on the following passage of play.

The PL, FA and the PGMOL are doing a great job at making sure VAR is removed from the game, the way they're using it is a complete mess.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:

One of those cases where ruling it out was the correct decision if you're sticking 100% to the rule book, but you'd like to think that two referees between them could agree to apply common sense in this case and say the attempted overhead kick had zero effect on the following passage of play.

The PL, FA and the PGMOL are doing a great job at making sure VAR is removed from the game, the way they're using it is a complete mess.

Part of the reason why Howard Webb is coming in after xmas to take over because Mike Riley has been useless.

bakajack said:
JackSomething said:

Part of the reason why Howard Webb is coming in after xmas to take over because Mike Riley has been useless.

I'm surprised Riley's first act wasn't to have cameras on the VAR officials for live games...

bakajack said:
Rodgers could well be in trouble after that hiding.

I would have disagreed before the game, but that was quite a humbling defeat. Villa at home up next. Will they give him the chance to get 3 points there before swinging the axe?

Roger said:
Marchamjack said:
And 3 points off the playoffs…we’d have all taken that at the start of the season

😉😅

3 points off play-offs. Can't score goals though. We can't win games 1-0 all season as we don't have the defence for it.

We got a win today and we're all happy but it buys RM more time in the job which is a negative in my opinion.

I'm right yet again. I'm not gloating but wake up people!!!

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back