• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

A-level & GCSE exams cancelled for 2021

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Externally set assessments performed under examination conditions have been replaced with what appears to be an externally set assessment performed under what are presumably examination conditions.

My lad was somewhat excited by the prospect of not having to sit his GCSE’s this year; he will likely have the smile wiped off of his face tonight.

Cooperman said:
Externally set assessments performed under examination conditions have been replaced with what appears to be an externally set assessment performed under what are presumably examination conditions.

My lad was somewhat excited by the prospect of not having to sit his GCSE’s this year; he will likely have the smile wiped off of his face tonight.

I suspect this will be more a 'patchwork' assessment-several smaller assessments conducted in class to give a grade. I expect a bit more work for teachers but probably a fairer system to those less good at exams. Exams only assess the ability to pass an exam.

Professor said:
Cooperman said:

I suspect this will be more a 'patchwork' assessment-several smaller assessments conducted in class to give a grade. I expect a bit more work for teachers but probably a fairer system to those less good at exams. Exams only assess the ability to pass an exam.

As a parent of a fifteen year old and the husband of a teacher I shall be very interested to see the detail. The very early WhatsApp chat from her doesn’t paint a clear picture.

There's a hell of a lot of politics when it comes to 'internal' exams. Some teachers helping their kids when they shouldn't be, making their results and school look better. Teachers doing it 'properly' shooting themselves in the foot potentially as they'll be pulled up when comparing to other schools' marks.

Same goes for assignments to some extent, but the exam conditions exacerbates the effect.

Those year eleven kids looking forward to a long summer holiday after their GCSEs are going to have the smiles wiped from their faces.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back