• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Another twist in Piroe tale – is a sale back on?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Reports last weekend were very much suggesting that Joel Piroe was on the verge of signing a new contract at Swansea but it now seems that this is not so much the case with a sale very much still on the cards and could even see Russell Martin make a second move on SA1 to […]

Read more

Just sell as quickly as possible now… from the first few league games I struggle to see Piroe adapting to this new system unless the system changes…

If we can get £10 million for him now, take it, and reinvest - I actually have some faith in Paul Watson already having decent replacements lined up.

9 days until the window shuts… we can’t leave it until the last minute.

Magic_Michu said:
Just sell as quickly as possible now… from the first few league games I struggle to see Piroe adapting to this new system unless the system changes…

If we can get £10 million for him now, take it, and reinvest - I actually have some faith in Paul Watson already having decent replacements lined up.

9 days until the window shuts… we can’t leave it until the last minute.

I agree that Piroe is looking more than a little lost at the moment, but I think that is more down to us not having an attacking midfielder who can get the ball and then play it to feet for Piroe rather than him trying to take down balls in the air which we all know is not his strength. Right now the front four and the back six are isolated from each other and that usually means long balls in the channels for Yates and Piroe to contest.

I wouldn't be devastated to see Piroe leave as it stands with Ginnelly and Kuharevych both looking like there is plenty about them for the more high intensity pressing game that Duff wants and Cullen also having good performances so far this season. Thats to say nothing about Yates with 2 goals in 3 games so far.

If we get the supposed £15m.
There's no need to renew his contract.
His buyout clause on any renewed contract is unlikely to be any higher than that.

Rather keep, but he’s not working well alongside Yates and we’ve signed wingers we’re not using. So maybe we have already recruited for his departure. I’m almost beyond caring tbh.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back