• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anthony Joshua vs. Daniel Dubois linky lads ⬇️

Can't argue with that.

This has to be the end of him. Who wants to pay and watch him fight again?
My eldest said he's not watching him fighting again, he has always liked him though, his fight against Klitschko will live long in the memory, the AJ of last night wouldn't live with the AJ who fought that fight against Klitschko.

My eldest said he's not watching him fighting again, he has always liked him though, his fight against Klitschko will live long in the memory, the AJ of last night wouldn't live with the AJ who fought that fight against Klitschko.
Surely this has to be the end of him as PPV fighter if not a fighter full stop.

I've always found him to be over hyped (easy for me to say), come unstuck to easily against any one of calibre.

Genuinely thought AJ would comfortably beat Dubois last night, but well done the lad.
AJ is done now surely, although he's already asking for a rematch.

Time for him to pack in now, his only incentive would be another payday and nothing else...

Genuinely thought AJ would comfortably beat Dubois last night, but well done the lad.

Time for him to pack in now, his only incentive would be another payday and nothing else...
He's got a rematch in his contract - unheard of for a challenger.

He needs to retire.

Any rematch is going the same way. I watched the highlights back this morning and he never recovered from the first round stoppage.

I've always found him to be over hyped (easy for me to say), come unstuck to easily against any one of calibre.
The only one he's lost against of any calibre is Usyk x 2.

He's lost to Andy Ruiz - who'd rather party than train, and to Dubois, who before last night was known as "The Quitter" in the boxing world. (And yes he lost badly to these last 2)

The only one he's lost against of any calibre is Usyk x 2.

He's lost to Andy Ruiz - who'd rather party than train, and to Dubois, who before last night was known as "The Quitter" in the boxing world. (And yes he lost badly to these last 2)
Dubois broke his eye socket and had nerve damage to his left eye in the fight he "quit".

In the rematch against Ruiz all he did was run from a fella who had been partying everyday since the first fight.

I stand by my original statement that he's had his arse handed to him when he's fought anyone decent. The other fights have been against mediocre fighters apart from Klitschko who was past his best and probably should have finished him when he had the chance.

Dubois broke his eye socket and had nerve damage to his left eye in the fight he "quit".

In the rematch against Ruiz all he did was run from a fella who had been partying everyday since the first fight.

I stand by my original statement that he's had his arse handed to him when he's fought anyone decent. The other fights have been against mediocre fighters apart from Klitschko who was past his best and probably should have finished him when he had the chance.
Usyk is still the only boxer of "calibre" he's lost to.
I didn't call Dubois a quitter - it's what he's known as in the boxing world.

In the rematch against Ruiz, he boxed behind his jab - you can't win a world title, running. 😂

... And yes, when he's lost, he's been fvcking battered!!

That first fight against Ruiz, left him " gun shy" - totally unable to mix it with anyone with a decent punch, and acts exactly like Bruno when he's tagged.

Last night he had no defence going forward or back.

A comment under the original BBC article:

The boxer certainly defeated the over-bloated bodybuilder who punches like a trombone player. Sadly however in six months time we can expect to hear all about the new revitalised Anthony Joshua v12.0, how all his previous defeats were false starts and how until we'd never really seen the real him. Yawn.

Usyk is still the only boxer of "calibre" he's lost to.
I didn't call Dubois a quitter - it's what he's known as in the boxing world.

In the rematch against Ruiz, he boxed behind his jab - you can't win a world title, running. 😂

... And yes, when he's lost, he's been fvcking battered!!

That first fight against Ruiz, left him " gun shy" - totally unable to mix it with anyone with a decent punch, and acts exactly like Bruno when he's tagged.

Last night he had no defence going forward or back.
Boxed behind his jab against an out of shape guy is basically running from his opponent.

As far Dubois being a quitter, it's a ludicrous statement to make about anyone who gets in a boxing ring.

A comment under the original BBC article:

The boxer certainly defeated the over-bloated bodybuilder who punches like a trombone player. Sadly however in six months time we can expect to hear all about the new revitalised Anthony Joshua v12.0, how all his previous defeats were false starts and how until we'd never really seen the real him. Yawn.
Eddie has had his last pay day out of AJ, the fella looked like he was going to cry at the end of the fight.

I have also never been impressed when I watched AJ fight. He built a career on a good right hand but has never had any boxing sense or ability to just not get hit at crucial moments.

I compare him to the likes of Joe Calzaghe or Lennox Lewis and just find him wanting in every department except for that right hook. Calzaghe's fight right before he retired was a boxing masterclass that I have never seen repeated, not even Usyk has ever systematically dismantled an opponent like Joe did against Lacy.

I have also never been impressed when I watched AJ fight. He built a career on a good right hand but has never had any boxing sense or ability to just not get hit at crucial moments.

I compare him to the likes of Joe Calzaghe or Lennox Lewis and just find him wanting in every department except for that right hook. Calzaghe's fight right before he retired was a boxing masterclass that I have never seen repeated, not even Usyk has ever systematically dismantled an opponent like Joe did against Lacy.
One of the most overhyped fighters in living memory.

Calzaghe dismantling of Bernard Hopkins also lives long in the memory.

One of the most overhyped fighters in living memory.

Calzaghe dismantling of Bernard Hopkins also lives long in the memory.
Calzaghe showed everybody just why having a good punch might make you a contender but never a great. There will always be someone out there who is a better puncher or who has a tougher chin than you.

It doesn't matter how strong you punch if you can never land a hit. AJ never understood this concept and lost just about every fight he has had against someone who could punch harder (Dubois) or faster (Ruiz) or had at least a half defence guard (Usyk x2)

Calzaghe showed everybody just why having a good punch might make you a contender but never a great. There will always be someone out there who is a better puncher or who has a tougher chin than you.

It doesn't matter how strong you punch if you can never land a hit. AJ never understood this concept and lost just about every fight he has had against someone who could punch harder (Dubois) or faster (Ruiz) or had at least a half defence guard (Usyk x2)
I'm not sure that he did lose the 2nd Usyk fight, I thought he had least deserved a draw, need to watch it again and check, but my thoughts at the time was that he at least earned a draw.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back