• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Are the storm clouds gathering in SA1?

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Things have been quiet – at least on the face of it – for quire some time at Swansea City but trouble may be brewing if you take a step back and look at the wider picture. Things looked rather rosy at the end of October following the 2-0 win against Cardiff City with the […]

Read more

Lose the next three (very possible) there will be trouble.

I think we’ll win tomorrow, which means we are stuffed.

Captain_Sham said:
I have our next win pencilled in for the end of February.

Is this like your lose 2-1 prediction thing?

DJack said:
Is this like your lose 2-1 prediction thing?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just don't see win on the horizon at the moment. The good news is we are so unpredictable that what I can or can not see is almost totally irrelevant. Much like the rest of the shyt that is posted on here.

If we are using a weather analogy for our team.
In the words of our Derek.
Recap our season has been rather dull with the odd bright spot.
Long range forecast.
No real prospect of it improving any time soon.

I like what RM is trying to do but not HOW he is going about bringing it to fruition.
Possession needs to be used with purpose rather than slavishly adhering to the stats book and hoping that something will break.

I have lost count of the number of games over the past season and a half where we have had over double the possession of the other team but registered less shots on goal (let alone on target) because of the players always taking the safe and easy option of a sideways or backwards pass rather than taking a punt at creating an opportunity.

Back in October when he was supposedly under real pressure it looked like a corner had been turned and we switched to a more attacking focused game with slightly less emphasis on retaining possession at all costs. Following that winning run it seemed like the pressure had eased on RM and he reverted back to type, back to what someone once called "painting by numbers" football and I cannot think of a more apt description.

As for the ever growing list of players that he has outed publicly or just straight up fallen out with? It says a huge deal to me about his man management skills when you consider how rarely you had player bustups with the manager from any of our previous managers ever since the Martinez days. One or two perhaps over several seasons, but not anything like well over a dozen in a season and half.

Captain_Sham said:
I'm not sure what you mean by that. I just don't see win on the horizon at the moment. The good news is we are so unpredictable that what I can or can not see is almost totally irrelevant. Much like the rest of the shyt that is posted on here.

Aye predicting us is a mugs game. We could win the next 6 and lose the following 10.

Captain_Sham said:

There was a period when you were predicting a series of 2-1 defeats for us when it felt like you were doing it deliberately for a counter jinx effect and expecting/hoping for a win. Personally I don't look to far forward with our fixtures as I find it a pointless exercise- as we've always been fairly unpredictable or shit.

As to the irrelevent shyte posted on here, thus it ever was...apart fom the occasional FNC posts.

Hope you have a great weekend, starting with three points(I'm not expecting anything other than 0 or1 though :lol: )

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back