• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Are we a dirty team now?

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Reading opposition forums over the last few months, I’ve noticed a remarkable rise in people commenting that we are a ‘dirty’ team. Of course you always get people commenting that opposition sides are dirty, but I’ve never noticed it as prominently as now.

Personally I don’t see it, we seem to be playing the ‘games’ and tactics (time wasting, tactical fouls, etc.) that pretty much all sides use...we’ve been needing it for years and we’ve been a soft touch for a long, long time.

I don’t have the stats to hand, but what do people think? I personally think it’s been a welcome addition to our play.

100% we've become "streetwise". As you said long over due.Watching the highlights of Brentford yesterday for Qpr's first goal Brenford give the ball away Qpr start to break and thats all you hear is the Brentford bench shouting foul him over and over again. It used to annoy me we'd never complain and we've seen some absolute ref howlers,Big centre forwards who dish it out but when it comes back they're suddenly light as feather.you've got to play the system as much as you can without crossing the line.

Streetwise is 100%. I remember last season at home against Forest I believe Grimes was chasing a player on a breakaway. We were all screaming bring him down but he didn't he crossed they scored and won 1-0.

A team with Fulton and Bennet in the side is always going to conceded a few free kicks. I think we can be niggly, but not particularly nasty. After seeing our players getting booted around the pitch over the last few years, Forest is actually one that stands out for doing that, I'm not particularly bothered by what other teams fans think.

The Championship fair play table wouldn't suggest we are a dirty team. We defend well and scrap out wins but we don't shunt teams off the park.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/GB2

Because we've never done it, and now we are starting to put a foot in, others don't like it. Fck em , nothing to see here.

I remember Tottenham getting attention for it under Pochettino. They had a definite tactic of spreading fouls out among the team, using it as a tactic to slow down the opposition and break play up. By taking turns to commit fouls, they minimised yellow and red cards. Seems to me we're playing more like that now.

Watford obviously do the same. How else do you explain 54 yellows but not a single red card (according to Ace's link above)?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back