• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Assisted Dying

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
It’s going to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/23/two-former-health-secretaries-join-calls-for-new-law-on-assisted-dying

Darran said:
It’s going to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/dec/23/two-former-health-secretaries-join-calls-for-new-law-on-assisted-dying

In the modern world we live in with all the information we have why can the same modern society frown upon it.

I've witnessed so many loved ones suffer.

I'd like the opportunity to make my own mind up if I were in the same position 🫶

Defo needs to happen. There’s no reason sensible legislation can’t be introduced with all the necessary safeguards built in to ensure the process isn't abused, other countries have already gone down this path and we can learn from them. We’re able to prevent animals suffering so why not humans.

This is the most uplifting thing I've read on Christmas Eve in forever.

MajorR said:
Defo needs to happen. There’s no reason sensible legislation can’t be introduced with all the necessary safeguards built in to ensure the process isn't abused, other countries have already gone down this path and we can learn from them. We’re able to prevent animals suffering so why not humans.

Animals don’t tend to have money to leave to unscrupulous people. Animals also don’t suffer from the affliction that is human nature.

exiledclaseboy said:
Animals don’t tend to have money to leave to unscrupulous people. Animals also don’t suffer from the affliction that is human nature.

Which is a fair point, that’s why we need to ensure the safeguards are all in place by preparing comprehensive an£ effective legislation, not this type of guff we’ve seen turned out over the last few years.

Niigata Jack said:
What a depressing ugly thread to post at Christmas, fuk my eyes.

It's not ugly, death is something that will come to us all, it's a part of life, try to embrace the fact that we're ot here forever, it's not ugly or depressing , it's coming sooner or later , no need to get down about it, feliz navidad

Malaga said:
It's not ugly, death is something that will come to us all, it's a part of life, try to embrace the fact that we're ot here forever, it's not ugly or depressing , it's coming sooner or later , no need to get down about it, feliz navidad

It can be to you whatever it wants to be, that's entirely up to you?

Same applies to me.

Malaga said:

Well it is a bit depressing, especially at Chrimbo, but as you say of course it is a very hard conversation that needs to be done.

It hurts my brain even thinking about assisted dying, and I say that coming from where I have experienced losing my parents, and being put in a position where somebody was obviously at the end of their life, yet being asked by a paramedic to take to the hospital, and basically put on life support, It's something that haunts me now and again, I sometimes think well yeah go and treat them, even though they were in pain, it's like should it be my decision, or my siblings.. It's hard being put in that position, which is basically a life or death decision

And I think with assisted dying, this would be multiplied ten fold.

Yeah ferk it's too hard to contemplate, I can understand somebody wishing to do it, but I don't think I could give them my blessing, hmm I'd have to really, really think about this.

This is a very emotive subject, plenty to discuss and probably not for today, but in my honest opinion assisted dying will eventually become a thing in most countries, but probably not in my lifetime...

Peace out 🫡

Swanjaxs said:
This is a very emotive subject, plenty to discuss and probably not for today, but in my honest opinion assisted dying will eventually become a thing in most countries, but probably not in my lifetime...

Peace out 🫡

Of course mate it is, but I think ECB has hit the nail on the head with this subject, regarding caution, it really doesn't bear thinking about what some unscrupulous bastards would do, to try and get money.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back