• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Aston Villa forward to have Swansea medical – Swans close in on Davis

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
The Swans seem to be closing in on the deal that will see Keinan Davis join the Swans ahead of Hull City as he is believed to be undergoing a medical at the club today. The Swans made Davis their key priority as soon as the deal to take Joel Piroe to Leeds United started […]

Read more

Jesus, this is a right old gamble to take. He's 25, not set the world alight wherever he's been, but in some circles he has it all.
I'm guessing its around the 3m mark, this just has to work.

sainthelens said:
Jesus, this is a right old gamble to take. He's 25, not set the world alight wherever he's been, but in some circles he has it all.
I'm guessing its around the 3m mark, this just has to work.

From what I’ve read and seen he’s more of a hold up bring others in to play striker rather than a full on goalscorer, so hopefully him and Yates will work well together, he knows the league too which is less of a risk than getting an unproven player to come in.

Forest were desperate to sign him when they went up but baulked at the £20m Villa wanted iirc.

Good signing if it comes up. Big wages though surely

A4Jack said:
Forest were desperate to sign him when they went up but baulked at the £20m Villa wanted iirc.

Good signing if it comes up. Big wages though surely

I’d imagine he’ll be our highest earner, he’s on a reported 45K at Villa, so I would say 25K here.

'Big, strong and fast' sounds good to me. We need someone who can put himself about a bit, someone who can bully the opposition instead of being bullied like Yates was yesterday .
We're as soft as fresh dogshyte. And some of our players have about the same football skills as a steaming lump.

Pegojack said:
'Big, strong and fast' sounds good to me. We need someone who can put himself about a bit, someone who can bully the opposition instead of being bullied like Yates was yesterday .
We're as soft as fresh dogshyte. And some of our players have about the same football skills as a steaming lump.

Some of Yates's attempts at holding the ball up yesterday were comical at times. Be good to have someone up there with some strength and presence.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
And yet still no work on our biggest weakness, the defence! Worrying.

Why we’ve not prioritised bringing in an experienced CB is beyond me. It’ll look like an even more stupid decision if we do sell Wood. We’ll be sticking with 3 at the back but only have 2 senior CBs at the club. Bloody nuts.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Why we’ve not prioritised bringing in an experienced CB is beyond me. It’ll look like an even more stupid decision if we do sell Wood. We’ll be sticking with 3 at the back but only have 2 senior CBs at the club. Bloody nuts.

We need to switch to a back four whether Wood goes or not. I wonder how long it will take Duff to see the light? It took RM over half a season, didn't it?

What I have watched and read on Davis is that he will chip in with some goals but he is the old school target man. His strength is winning the ball and keeping it to bring others into play, we haven't really had that at the club since Bony in his first stint at the club. That man could hold off half the team with his body strength I swear.

Not to say that I am expecting Bony level amount of goals from him, from what I understand 10 goals would be a solid showing from him its more about how he can link the transition from defence/midfield into attack.

Are we in a bidding war with Hull for the often injured non scoring Davis ?

Hope is medical doesn't involve walking up any stairs 😉

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back