• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Best way to keep wasps away from Pear and Apple trees

waynekerr55

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Any suggestions as the ravenous little bàstards are attacking my trees again. The pretend wasp nests worked up until last week.

Are there any breeds of bird who feast on them? If so I'll have to get some bird feed to attract them, although previously the wood pigeons tended to get most of the food

Itchysphincter said:
Kill them.

I was waiting for this or cut the trees down 😂

I had a bastard nest in my porch roof, I killed a fùcktonne of the little shìts a few weeks back. The zeroin foam from Wickes 9 quid a can does the trick

waynekerr55 said:
Itchysphincter said:
Kill them.

I had a bastard nest in my porch roof, I killed a fùcktonne of the little shìts a few weeks back. The zeroin foam from Wickes 9 quid a can does the trick

Don't know why but our house seems to attract them. A few years ago, probably 2016 iirc, just in one summer we had a hornets nest in the space above our porch followed by 2 wasps nest in our roofspace, one at each end of the house, then a year later, another wasps nest and then another one in May this year. If you think wasps are bastards, you should see the fucking hornets we had, nearly 2 inches long. We've got a bloke local to us who comes and sprays some white powder stuff in their entrance and job done.

We also have a problem with wasps and our fruit trees and the only thing I can suggest with the fruit problem is to get a large bin of some sort and put the windfalls and rotting stuff in there and hope that attracts the wasps rather than the stuff still on the trees, It does help but not 100%.

Just bought me one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sourcing4U-Executioner-Mosquito-Swatter-Zapper/dp/B003TT3GDC/ref=asc_df_B003TT3GDC/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=230204386967&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9613940439987671772&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046508&hvtargid=pla-584258665392&psc=1

Takes a couple of goes on a wasp but they fry up nicely. Wouldn't recommend going at a nest with it mind.

Thinly veiled "I have an orchard don'tcha know!" :lol:

Wasps are very effective hunter killers of plenty of little garden pests. Whereas they can be a bit annoying when we eat outside, they will only sting when they feel at threat.

waynekerr55 said:
Itchysphincter said:
Kill them.

I dont know if wasps do the same as bees but bees leave a pheromone trace that brings other bees in after a nest site has been destroyed... :!:

BrynCartwright said:
Wasps are very effective hunter killers of plenty of little garden pests. Whereas they can be a bit annoying when we eat outside, they will only sting when they feel at threat.

Not sure about the 'at threat' thing, Iv'e been stung a few times, just walking along, they are kuntz of the highest order, They are the only insects I kill on sight, no others!! I even pick up spiders, and put them outside when the family are freaking out! Oh yes, there is one more flies as well, if they don't ferk off after a while of failed shooing attempts, they get done as well.. But yeah wasps are kuntz,,deserve everything they get.

jack123 said:
BrynCartwright said:

Not sure about the 'at threat' thing, Iv'e been stung a few times, just walking along, they are kuntz of the highest order, They are the only insects I kill on sight, no others!! I even pick up spiders, and put them outside when the family are freaking out! Oh yes, there is one more flies as well, if they don't ferk off after a while of failed shooing attempts, they get done as well.. But yeah wasps are kuntz,,deserve everything they get.

Wasps are pollinators just like bees...

BLAZE said:
Thinly veiled "I have an orchard don'tcha know!" :lol:

Lol it's not that big, the old fella who had the place last put them in the middle of the garden

Leave them and enjoy your harvest of pear and apple jam.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back