• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Best wishes

Thomas Frank

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wanted to wish you all the best for next season. It was a pleasure talking to some Swansea fans on Saturday, all old school lads who were a pleasure to talk football with before the game. Sorry that your team didn't turn up on the day, and from what I've read, there's going to be a lot of changes at your club, and I sincerely hope that you bounce back in the right way. Most Brentford fans will always want the clubs who've suffered in the lower leagues to get promoted, and you guys know the lower leagues as well as we do.

Ultimately, it might be only one season that I see my Brentford in the top tier, but I never thought it would ever happen in my lifetime. Somehow it happened and next season will be 38 FA Cup third round cup draws as far as I'm concerned. No doubt will face you guys again soon, but in the meantime, best wishes and hope your summer rebuilding goes well for you.

Enjoy it mate. It can be great fun especially if your team is good enough to compete with the big boys and give them a bloody nose. We were very good at it for the first few seasons we spent there before we lost our style and identity.

Aye enjoy the ride, watch the Frank reaction when plenty of VARs go against you and remember that most mistakes get punished very quickly,

But enjoy the ride - as was said above, we were very good at it until the greed took over in the boardroom

First aim...try and avoid the Derby record. Second...get to as many Aways as you can. Third...proud and loud, even when you're losing 5-0 to the likes of City; Fourth...even louder for the (likely) mini bottom-league games; Fifth...just go with the flow, enjoy as best as you can and get the odd big-head scalp on the way. It's great to say you've been there in your lifetime...but it ain't all its cracked up to be after the first season. Good luck anyway.

PSumbler said:
Aye enjoy the ride, watch the Frank reaction when plenty of VARs go against you and remember that most mistakes get punished very quickly,

But enjoy the ride - as was said above, we were very good at it until the greed took over in the boardroom

That's one of the key differences for me. In the Championship you may have 5/6 chances a game, and score one. The top players in the top league will score from their one chance, often with a length of the field one touch passing move, goal in a few seconds from their penalty area to score.

Jackfath said:
PSumbler said:

That's one of the key differences for me. In the Championship you may have 5/6 chances a game, and score one. The top players in the top league will score from their one chance, often with a length of the field one touch passing move, goal in a few seconds from their penalty area to score.

It certainly struck me in that first season. I remember a mistake against (I think) Man Utd down here that cost us big time and one against Arsenal at the Emirates. The ball was in the net before we knew it.

Thomas Frank said:
Just wanted to wish you all the best for next season. It was a pleasure talking to some Swansea fans on Saturday, all old school lads who were a pleasure to talk football with before the game. Sorry that your team didn't turn up on the day, and from what I've read, there's going to be a lot of changes at your club, and I sincerely hope that you bounce back in the right way. Most Brentford fans will always want the clubs who've suffered in the lower leagues to get promoted, and you guys know the lower leagues as well as we do.

Ultimately, it might be only one season that I see my Brentford in the top tier, but I never thought it would ever happen in my lifetime. Somehow it happened and next season will be 38 FA Cup third round cup draws as far as I'm concerned. No doubt will face you guys again soon, but in the meantime, best wishes and hope your summer rebuilding goes well for you.
Best wishes and enjoy the ride be it one season or more
Best team ( only team? ) on Saturday won.
Hope we play you in the PL not the Championship otherwise it would mean we haven't gone up

PSumbler said:
Jackfath said:

It certainly struck me in that first season. I remember a mistake against (I think) Man Utd down here that cost us big time and one against Arsenal at the Emirates. The ball was in the net before we knew it.

I remember it the other way around as well, when we went up to Birmingham under Potter for one of our first games back in the Championship. Birmingham created about ten really good chances but didn't take any of them. In the Prem we'd have lost that game heavily but we came away with a 0-0 draw.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back