• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Betty Jackal Update

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Well known Port Talbot alcoholic Mark Honeybourne was found dead in Betty’s house and Betty is in hospital.
I know the two of them quite well with Betty being a Baglan boy and I worked with Mark for a few years on the Blast.
I don’t know if Marks death and Betty being in hospital are connected.
I saw the two of them in Port Talbot a couple of weeks ago,Mark was pushing Betty who was in a wheelchair.

Sad to hear this about Mark, had his demons unfortunately.

Things went a bit bad for him after he broke his leg and wasn't taken on with Chelsea as a youngster, supposedly a polar opposite to what he was as a kid to what he became.

Sad to hear.

Sad to hear of Mark, he was a character back in the day too.

Worked with Betty, and been on many away trips with him as well. The last time I had a proper chat with him was when i bumped into him in the airport in either Copenhagen or Switzerland, where he wanted to bet me £50 that he could put the head on two armed to the teeth coppers (machine guns over their shoulders, pistols on the hips), before they could shoot him / us. And anyone that knows him, knows he wasn't messing about either when he's in one of those moods.

I've got loads of tales from when i worked with him, none of them could be put on here though. Some of the best ones where when we were working in cardiff, he knows no fear but at the same time would give you his last quid if it meant you were okay.

Hope he pulls through, he wasn't looking the best last time i drove past him.

Neath_Jack said:

Worked with Betty, and been on many away trips with him as well. The last time I had a proper chat with him was when i bumped into him in the airport in either Copenhagen or Switzerland, where he wanted to bet me £50 that he could put the head on two armed to the teeth coppers (machine guns over their shoulders, pistols on the hips), before they could shoot him / us. And anyone that knows him, knows he wasn't messing about either when he's in one of those moods.

I've got loads of tales from when i worked with him, none of them could be put on here though. Some of the best ones where when we were working in cardiff, he knows no fear but at the same time would give you his last quid if it meant you were okay.

Mark started on the blast with us as a recorder boy straight out of school aged 16,he could possibly be the most innocent,naive boy I’ve ever met,he was angelic,then he discovered alcohol and went radio rental.

Neath_Jack said:

I grew up in Baglan, and we often often played footy in the park there on our own Wembley, if we saw Betty coming we would hide the ball, as you can imagine what sort of game it would become if he wanted to play :lol: :lol: Hunter , Stiles were Angels compared to Betty.......ps he couldn't play at all, but that never stopped him kicking :lol:

swan65split said:
I grew up in Baglan, and we often often played footy in the park there on our own Wembley, if we saw Betty coming we would hide the ball, as you can imagine what sort of game it would become if he wanted to play :lol: :lol: Hunter , Stiles were Angels compared to Betty.......ps he couldn't play at all, but that never stopped him kicking :lol:

He’d nick anything mind.

Some of the boys were telling me that when he was working in the Albion in the 70s they had a load of 5mm aluminium sheet in,with the help of someone in the carpentry shop Betty built a caravan and went away in it.

Just wanted to post, I was inorrect, he was with Man City not Chelsea as a kid.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back