• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Biesla

westside

First Team Player
Reaction score
Would Biesla be allowed to come here now to manage as the new immigration laws starting Jamuary for Brexit state immigrants must be able to speak English.

Wonder how many managers and players this could affect in the future ?

Well i know for sure I wish we had given him the opportunity when Jenkins flew out to interview him (I believe after Laudrup left)

Jenkins didn’t understand Bielsa because Bielsa didn’t speak English.

Bielsa didn’t understand Jenkins because Jenkins doesn’t speak football.

Good question - but money talks!
More importantly how will it felt players from the EU who don't meet FA international clearance standards?
We wouldn't have been able to appoint the likes of Martinez, Michu, Chico, Rangel, MVdH.

Bielsa would no doubt have got the Swans promoted to the prem

Would have cost Jenkins & the board though

PencoedJack said:
We were already in the PL when he was interviewed

Jenkins was allegedly intimidated by how much knowledge Bielsa had of our club and how it was run. Was nothing to do with the language barrier.

Risc said:
PencoedJack said:

Jenkins was allegedly intimidated by how much knowledge Bielsa had of our club and how it was run. Was nothing to do with the language barrier.

Indeed it goes without saying would of been an excellent appointment, from Garry Monk to Marcelo Bielsa that's some step up in credentials.

Along with not signing Joe Allen up there with Jenkins biggest fuk ups.

PencoedJack said:
Risc said:
PencoedJack said:

Indeed it goes without saying would of been an excellent appointment, from Garry Monk to Marcelo Bielsa that's some step up in credentials.

The Joey Allen situation is a complete kick in the teeth. Mate of mine knows Joey personally, he was here ready for a bid to come in and then was messed around.

The excuse of too much money doesn't really sit with me considering what we then went on to pay for Clucas, Mesa etc.

Bielsa is a manager I am glad we missed out on

Best of luck to him and don't care what happens to him or his club

Baron Goblet said:

Guidolin, Bradley, Clement, Carvahal, Potter, Cooper, (Leon & Curt) have managed us since Monk & you wouldn't take a manager who the likes of Pep, Klopp & Mourinho rate as the best?

Crazy.

Risc said:
PencoedJack said:
Risc said:
PencoedJack said:

The Joey Allen situation is a complete kick in the teeth. Mate of mine knows Joey personally, he was here ready for a bid to come in and then was messed around.

The excuse of too much money doesn't really sit with me considering what we then went on to pay for Clucas, Mesa etc.

Before the euros wasn't a fee agreed for around 6 million? He was a super fit for our football club & would of been captain for a decade.

I know there are counter arguments about how he has done at Stoke but lets be honest anyone with any football intelligence knows Joey Allen is not a Stoke City type of player.

Awful by Jenkins

Baron Goblet said:

Can I ask why?

PencoedJack said:
Baron Goblet said:

Guidolin, Bradley, Clement, Carvahal, Potter, Cooper, (Leon & Curt) have managed us since Monk & you wouldn't take a manager who the likes of Pep, Klopp & Mourinho rate as the best?

Crazy.
You know the score Pencoed

We've had 15 managers since Leeds we were relegated from the prem, only Monk made us look credible until our saviour Marcelo came along.

Why would anyone reject a coach who won league titles in his homeland, managed Argentina & Chile & turned over Man Ure 0-3 at Old Trafford whilst managing Athletico Bilboa in a Champions League match, his final achievement taking a average mid-table Leeds team in the championship to the premier league in his second season, something the majority of us Leeds fans never dream't of until his arrival at ER.

The man is a genius imo!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back