• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Biesla

1964white said:
PencoedJack said:
Baron Goblet said:
Bielsa is a manager I am glad we missed out on

Best of luck to him and don't care what happens to him or his club

Guidolin, Bradley, Clement, Carvahal, Potter, Cooper, (Leon & Curt) have managed us since Monk & you wouldn't take a manager who the likes of Pep, Klopp & Mourinho rate as the best?

Crazy.
You know the score Pencoed

We've had 15 managers since Leeds we were relegated from the prem, only Monk made us look credible until our saviour Marcelo came along.

Why would anyone reject a coach who won league titles in his homeland, managed Argentina & Chile & turned over Man Ure 0-3 at Old Trafford whilst managing Athletico Bilboa in a Champions League match, his final achievement taking a average mid-table Leeds team in the championship to the premier league in his second season, something the majority of us Leeds fans never dream't of until his arrival at ER.

The man is a genius imo!

Funny you should say Monk made you look credible, many of us blame Monk for losing our credibility...

PencoedJack said:
Well i know for sure I wish we had given him the opportunity when Jenkins flew out to interview him (I believe after Laudrup left)

I thought he turned us down?

1964white said:
PencoedJack said:
Guidolin, Bradley, Clement, Carvahal, Potter, Cooper, (Leon & Curt) have managed us since Monk & you wouldn't take a manager who the likes of Pep, Klopp & Mourinho rate as the best?

Crazy.

We've had 15 managers since Leeds we were relegated from the prem, only Monk made us look credible until our saviour Marcelo came along.

Why would anyone reject a coach who won league titles in his homeland, managed Argentina & Chile & turned over Man Ure 0-3 at Old Trafford whilst managing Athletico Bilboa in a Champions League match, his final achievement taking a average mid-table Leeds team in the championship to the premier league in his second season, something the majority of us Leeds fans never dream't of until his arrival at ER.

The man is a genius imo!

He had a hell of a reputation and has done well at Leeds, that was a difficult job to get them promoted!

He looks a top level Manager to me, and is very highly regarded still.

Swanjaxs said:
1964white said:

The man is a genius imo!

Funny you should say Monk made you look credible, many of us blame Monk for losing our credibility...
Hardly surprising following the likes of Rodgers & Laudrup.

We signed Green, Ayling, Roofe & Hernandez with Jansson & Bartley coming in on loan which improved us defensively & in a attacking sense with the arrival of Pablo finishing 7th in the table even though the football wasn't great.

1964white said:
Swanjaxs said:

We signed Green, Ayling, Roofe & Hernandez with Jansson & Bartley coming in on loan which improved us defensively & in a attacking sense with the arrival of Pablo finishing 7th in the table even though the football wasn't great.

We need to blame Monk for signing Hernandez as well !

Hammy said:
1964white said:

We need to blame Monk for signing Hernandez as well !

Laudrup signed Hernandez, one of his first signings

1964white said:
Swanjaxs said:

Again, a lot believe Monk went about "snaking" behind ML's back...

I was glad at the time because Bielsa imo did not fit the club's published ethos. I know Jenks approved Laudrup and that was great but it also highlighted how a manager can become overpowering imo. I believe Potter and Cooper are better suited to our club, which, if we are to believe the rhetoric, is attempting to wrest control away from managers. Managers like Martinez and Monk who I believe fall into the same overpowering category. I see Cooper as a far better coach for our club than Bielsa would ever be. Not sure why Bielsa was in the frame, possibly asked to be considered and has a track record.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back