• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Biggest League Game of Season Next

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Brentford at home... feeling a lot of our season hinges on this game.

Win and Top 2 spots look increasingly likely, lose and it'll probably be playoffs.

Do we rest most of the team for Forest or do we keep building momentum?

Would be nice to get Hourihane, Morris and Bennett some minutes on Saturday.

Team for Forest

Hamer

Bennett
Latibeaudiere
Cabango
Naughton
Manning

Byers
Fulton
Hourihane

Garrick
Morris

Team for Brentford

Woodman

Bennett
Guehi
Naughton
Roberts
Bidwell

Fulton
Grimes
Hourihane

Ayew
Lowe

Hopefully, with Brentford playing Luton and then Leicester, they won't be able to rest too many players and will pick up some injuries / niggles over the next week.

I don't know if you can tell, but I'm nervous already!

I agree but I’d rest Fulton against Forest and play Smith or Dhanda

Will Morris and Hourihane be registered in time for the FA cup fourth round?

There are special rules for FA cup registration.

Wales Online are reporting that they both hope to be registered in time for Saturday.

Magic_Michu said:
Win and Top 2 spots look increasingly likely, lose and it'll probably be playoffs.

I can't agree with this (or more specifically the latter part of it)

Lose and there will still be 21 games to go, next week will not define our season but agree that a win will increase our chances of Top 2

PSumbler said:
Magic_Michu said:

Lose and there will still be 21 games to go, next week will not define our season but agree that a win will increase our chances of Top 2

Agreed - still far too much football to be played. Winning against Brentford will certainly add to the belief that we can make the autos though, which I think for most of us was out of reach this season...playoffs more likely.

PSumbler said:
Magic_Michu said:

Agree with you that it doesn't resign us to the playoffs if we lose, but I feel it will be advantage Brentford and we'll be playing catch up. Just watching footage of Hourihane now... so excited to have someone who can take a decent free kick and strike a ball from outside the area in the team.

Magic_Michu said:
PSumbler said:

Agree with you that it doesn't resign us to the playoffs if we lose, but I feel it will be advantage Brentford and we'll be playing catch up. Just watching footage of Hourihane now... so excited to have someone who can take a decent free kick and strike a ball from outside the area in the team.

So long as Grimes watches that same video :lol:

Agree with the post though but there will be plenty of twists and turns yet and remember the home game after Brentford is Norwich...

Didn’t Hamer play in the third round for Huddersfield ? If so, he’ll be cup tied for saturday.

Pontyjack said:
Didn’t Hamer play in the third round for Huddersfield ? If so, he’ll be cup tied for saturday.

Indeed, you're right. So Woodman, it is.

I think the same as the thread starter, if we beat Brentford i think we are more likely to go up automatic than not and if we lose to Brentford we are more likely to be in the playoffs than achieve an automatic promotion position although there will be lots of games left I think the result against Brentford might well be pivotal.

Although nothing will be decided after the Brentford match but if there is a positive result one way or the other then I think it will be a huge step towards the Premier League for what ever team wins.

PSumbler said:
Magic_Michu said:

This ^. Absolutely.

Trampie said:
I think the same as the thread starter, if we beat Brentford i think we are more likely to go up automatic than not and if we lose to Brentford we are more likely to be in the playoffs than achieve an automatic promotion position although there will be lots of games left I think the result against Brentford might well be pivotal.

Although nothing will be decided after the Brentford match but if there is a positive result one way or the other then I think it will be a huge step towards the Premier League for what ever team wins.

I don't think anyone associated with Bournemouth would agree with you, or do you think they've given up because they've dropped a couple of points they were hoping to get?

I think Bournemouth are a massive danger to us and the other promotion chasers, a few weeks ago I would have said Bournemouth to win the title and Brentford to come second, Bournemouth have slipped a little since and although Brentford haven't Norwich have kept winning and we have stayed consistent we need to keep our main players this month and if we beat Brentford i now think it will be Norwich and us going up (Norwich seem to be having all the luck and that luck has held and it doesn't always even itself out over a season).

Trampie said:

I genuinely think we are still being underrated even by our own fans - with more than 20 games to go we are more than capable of clawing back a very small gap. We are 2nd because we have more points than 23 of the teams in the division, we are not there because others have given us a head start which it feels as if some (not you) are treating it as

We are better than many give us credit for and the signings we are making I think just add to that

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back