• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Biggest League Game of Season Next

We've got to second in the table with a forward line of which 50% only really kicked into gear six weeks ago, a midfield missing its hotly tipped loan star first for a couple of months and then permanently, and a defence that's more reliable than that Toyota Hilux they had on Top Gear.

If Morris, Hourihane and perhaps one or two others can enhance that even further we've got every chance of finishing top two. Hell, let's aim for the League Championship whilst we're at it. No reason why not. It's still quite often not pretty, but it's effective.

PSumbler said:
I genuinely think we are still being underrated even by our own fans - with more than 20 games to go we are more than capable of clawing back a very small gap. We are 2nd because we have more points than 23 of the teams in the division, we are not there because others have given us a head start which it feels as if some (not you) are treating it as

We are better than many give us credit for and the signings we are making I think just add to that

If we keep up the defensive solidity we will get there automatically. We are now clinical in front of goal so the clean sheets would seal the deal. It may be worth digging up the rotting decaying corpse of good old Sgoriofruit (..on a moonlight shadow... :roll: ). The promotion thread, rather than the 40 point one:

Say, 11 Wins 7 Draws 4 defeats or needed. 86 points. Do that and it's a done deal barring a total freakshow from two other teams.

PSumbler said:
Trampie said:
I think the same as the thread starter, if we beat Brentford i think we are more likely to go up automatic than not and if we lose to Brentford we are more likely to be in the playoffs than achieve an automatic promotion position although there will be lots of games left I think the result against Brentford might well be pivotal.

Although nothing will be decided after the Brentford match but if there is a positive result one way or the other then I think it will be a huge step towards the Premier League for what ever team wins.

I genuinely think we are still being underrated even by our own fans - with more than 20 games to go we are more than capable of clawing back a very small gap. We are 2nd because we have more points than 23 of the teams in the division, we are not there because others have given us a head start which it feels as if some (not you) are treating it as

We are better than many give us credit for and the signings we are making I think just add to that
Yes I agree.

monmouth said:
PSumbler said:

If we keep up the defensive solidity we will get there automatically. We are now clinical in front of goal so the clean sheets would seal the deal. It may be worth digging up the rotting decaying corpse of good old Sgoriofruit (..on a moonlight shadow... :roll: ). The promotion thread, rather than the 40 point one:

Say, 11 Wins 7 Draws 4 defeats or needed. 86 points. Do that and it's a done deal barring a total freakshow from two other teams.
That is not the case Monmouth based on the last 5 or 6 seasons, it might be enough this season as teams are taking points off each other who knows, but it's unlikely to be enough based on previous recent seasons , i have only had a two second glance so apologies if I have made a mistake it seems like it was good enough last season but not for umpteen previous seasons before that.

Trampie said:
That is not the case Monmouth based on the last 5 or 6 seasons, it might be enough this season as teams are taking points off each other who knows, but it's unlikely to be enough based on previous recent seasons , i have only had a two second glance so apologies if I have made a mistake it seems like it was good enough last season but not for umpteen previous seasons before that.

I reckon that’s enough for this season with 5 strongish teams but quite a compressed table and teams down to Cardiff capable of beating the top teams and Derby/Rotherham/Weds capable of one offs.

Do you think we can get more? If that’s not enough we would be very unlucky this year.

monmouth said:
Trampie said:

I reckon that’s enough for this season with 5 strongish teams but quite a compressed table and teams down to Cardiff capable of beating the top teams and Derby/Rotherham/Weds capable of one offs.

Do you think we can get more? If that’s not enough we would be very unlucky this year.
Yes I think we can get more points than that but hope we don't need to, I hope Norwich and Brentford (or AN Others) don't go on runs of winning game after game and we only need a very low points total to win automatic promotion.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back