• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Biggest Mistake Tonight

Nah. Biggest mistake was committing forward both defensive midfielders and at least 1 CB on at least 2 occasions gifting them 2 goals on the break. Awful stuff from Grimes/Fulton/Naughts/VdH/Gooey. You need a lot more from your supposed spine. Take away that brain fat of the first 15 minutes and it's a different game.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Nah. Biggest mistake was committing forward both defensive midfielders and at least 1 CB on at least 2 occasions gifting them 2 goals on the break. Awful stuff from Grimes/Fulton/Naughts/VdH/Gooey. You need a lot more from your supposed spine. Take away that brain fat of the first 15 minutes and it's a different game.

Guehi was our best player by a country mile. Show a bit of respect, kn0b.

Yeah. So much for experience. Guehi was superb and Cabango did well too when he came on. That decision was very Graham Taylor. Reckon VDH is on his bike and frankly I’m not bothered!

Making subs after 45 mins I’d swear Coops has been reading this board.

Both of them did fuk all

First goal - Grimes went ball watching instead of tracking Watkins who found himself with a free run through on goal.

Second goal - Again Grimes wasn't tracking the man, but VdH didn't pick him up when he drifted into the box either.

Two poor goals to concede that left us with a mountain to climb against easily the best team I've seen in this division this season. Ultimately we just weren't up to it.

This total reluctance to replace Grimes has been the biggest mistake. Think he’s played every minute of every game hasn’t he?

SgorioFruit said:
Not starting Cabango

Nah,just letting Steve on to the coach and picking the team.

I feel for Cabango.

He'll be sick he was dropped -clearly in error.Again.

Dr. Winston said:
First goal - Grimes went ball watching instead of tracking Watkins who found himself with a free run through on goal.

Second goal - Again Grimes wasn't tracking the man, but VdH didn't pick him up when he drifted into the box either.

Two poor goals to concede that left us with a mountain to climb against easily the best team I've seen in this division this season. Ultimately we just weren't up to it.

I don't care what anybody says. Grimes as Captain - Laughable. A totally one footed centre midfielder. Unheard of this day and age. Yet he is an idol to some on here. Wake up people.

Builthjack said:
Dr. Winston said:

I don't care what anybody says. Grimes as Captain - Laughable. A totally one footed centre midfielder. Unheard of this day and age. Yet he is an idol to some on here. Wake up people.

The fact he is seen as a must player is the root of our problems. He is abject .He doesnt pass well,tackle,nor shoot straight.He is silent a a captain;he does not lead.Why pick him?.IMO,the first to replace for next year.We reached the play offs bascially because of the remarkable Brewster.

Finally, our keepers are crap.They seem to be coached to kick the ball straight into touch.

Im pretty angry tbh.

We might not have a better chance to go up.

The first goal was comical from us really, 1-0 up away from home in a playoff semi final against a team who score for fun, we overcommitted in the first place and then first Gallagher went bombing forward to close the ball down leaving Naughton on his own at the back, then Grimes didn’t track Watkins properly, followed up the fact that Mulder should have done better with the shot straight at him.

We did okay after the first 20 even though they were the most likely to get another goal, but we really killed ourselves with that start.

Grimes isn’t a bad player but he does the same job as Fulton really, we probably need one of them playing alongside someone a bit more attack-minded instead of both together.

Builthjack said:
Dr. Winston said:

Only now you realise.. he's here to stay though, which is our problem

Committing too many players forward for the corner from which they scored.

Not preventing the goalkeeper throwing out from that corner. Ashley Williams would have been all over him.

All the pundits said that it was Guehi's fault for the second goal (not VdH's). Unfortunate because he's been excellent since the restart.

In that order.

I agree and Mulder, Grimes, Fulton and Dhanda had shockers. Mulder should have done better for the first 2 goals.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back